Clay's Build Thread - Page 317 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 01-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #4741
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Skerr...

watch the video clip, think about all your CJ friends in JeepForum land, apply one of them to the character in the video clip, and, PRESTO! you have your motivation to repair that leak!

you can tell us who you think is who, or not. But if you do, we have at least 10 more pages of banter in this thread...

you will thank me later each time you chuckle to yourself as your are up to your elbows in oil...

1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #4742
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Dave, your avatar is TOTALLY creepin me out!!! Davey Does Dallas is SOOO much better!!

Bill Belushi. Period.

Been working some late hours and classes afterward. Sorry for the delay in responses. Yes, this thread is active again. I will pull my 258 and put it in Clay's ride. It doesn't leak... much... and it is dependable. I expect it will fail as it sat in the woods for 5 years before I bought it, and the cylinders MUST have rusted up. But I will get some confidence swapping engines as engines be new to me! I'll pull apart Clay's engine just for S&G and inspect it. If it's simple, I'll fix it. I don't have the time or funds for a rebuild right now. I have to borrow a hoist and stand, and that means more crap in my shop!

Comments about the 4.3 I'll place on my thread to knock down some of the chatter here.

I'm off Monday and Tuesday, but Mama has me going to the paint store!!!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #4743
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
Dave, your avatar is TOTALLY creepin me out!!! Davey Does Dallas is SOOO much better!!

Bill Belushi. Period.

Been working some late hours and classes afterward. Sorry for the delay in responses. Yes, this thread is active again. I will pull my 258 and put it in Clay's ride. It doesn't leak... much... and it is dependable. I expect it will fail as it sat in the woods for 5 years before I bought it, and the cylinders MUST have rusted up. But I will get some confidence swapping engines as engines be new to me! I'll pull apart Clay's engine just for S&G and inspect it. If it's simple, I'll fix it. I don't have the time or funds for a rebuild right now. I have to borrow a hoist and stand, and that means more crap in my shop!

Comments about the 4.3 I'll place on my thread to knock down some of the chatter here.

CL for a stand. Got mine for $15 cause he didn't know what it was.

sent from the bottom of an empty money pit
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #4744
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Skipper thats what garages is fer, its fer accumulating really big stuff for a one time project and then tripping over that stuff later on then when you is an accomplished mechanic you will have a big garage with all kinds of tools to fix things, but no place to work.
gmakra is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #4745
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post

Bill Belushi. Period.

When did you get concerned about chatter?

I think the swap is a good idea. Now Clay needs to build an engine stand for his 258 and rebuild it.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #4746
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra
Skipper thats what garages is fer, its fer accumulating really big stuff for a one time project and then tripping over that stuff later on then when you is an accomplished mechanic you will have a big garage with all kinds of tools to fix things, but no place to work.
I foresee my shop bein like that

image-456554527.jpg

This was yesterday

[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

Unread 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #4747
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

WHY didn't I build my shop taller????????

That's a sweet setup for sure Trent.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #4748
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
WHY didn't I build my shop taller????????

That's a sweet setup for sure Trent.
Thanks. Those are 10'6" to the bottom of the trusses.

All custom made by me myself and I.

Unread 01-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #4749
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Ever seen a boy who can whistle while smiling ear-to-ear? I think the picture speaks for itself.

"She" drove his Jeep around the yard last night.
cimg0340_1.jpg  

Unread 01-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #4750
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Ever seen a boy who can whistle while smiling ear-to-ear? I think the picture speaks for itself.

This--->

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1980-cj7-first-jeep-build-1243620/"]80 CJ7 "The Kraken" - a project 25 years in the making[/URL] AMC 304 V8, NV4500, Dana 300, Dana 44, 9 inch, M.O.R.E. SRS, YJ tub.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

[B][SIZE="3"] Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="1"](When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults)[/SIZE]
MrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #4751
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:

I thought you taught your son better than that.

I don't think my clutch was ever the same, after the one and only time "The Warden" drove my CJ.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #4752
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
I thought you taught your son better than that.

I don't think my clutch was ever the same, after the one and only time "The Warden" drove my CJ.

Matt
The T18 is hard to tear up at one time!! Thank God... She took off in granny, so no sweat, but when she pressed the gas to go FASTER, it spun twin tracks in the grass! Just think of all the nice things I could have(had) if I never had kids!!!!

I wouldn't change it for anything.

Unread 01-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #4753
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
I wouldn't change it for anything.
You are blessed, my friend.

I hope your CJ is always a "connecting point" with you and Clay. It was for my Father and I, and still is to this day, even though he passed almost 20 years ago.

Tell Clay he's in over his head.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #4754
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Well I do believe that boy is grinnin more over that cute gal than he did the first time he drove that CJ! She looks pretty stricken too Scott. Yep I agree with Matt, the boy's in over his head!! Way over

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #4755
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I am definitely blessed! And Life goes on...

I picked up another steering gear box for Clay's 5. It is an AZ purchase, reman unit, lifetime warranty, for $150. I'm hoping it will solve the wandering problem in the steering. The gear box that is on there is a JY unit I pulled off a 7. It is better than Clay's original gear box, and it helped a lot. Considering his Jeep has all new bushings, suspension, tires, and alignment, I'm thinking gear box, as there is too much slop in the wheel. However, I believe the caster is off as the steering wheel does not center itself after a turn. I'll investigate that later.

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.