Clay's Build Thread - Page 276 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 09-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #4126
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
The top looks nice and tight! It doesn't look like the windshield frame is bothering it much
Agreed. I will place a piece of 3/4" rubber between windshield frame and A pillar as a spacer and insulator. That should work out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenicwalker View Post
Hey! I'm just northwest of Springfield! Nice to meet ya!

Top looks good, Skerr!
Thank you Master Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Skipper the bimmi top looks good on the Minnow also you should know that winshield wipers will let you see what you going to hit!!
I know, I know! It's coming, it's coming! Patience Grasshopper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Sometimes all you can do is look at it! Lookin' good Skipper!

Was thinking about you day before yestiddy! Where you been, Man?

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #4127
pman
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Was thinking about you day before yestiddy! Where you been, Man?
I've been prowling, but not much posting. It's prime hunting/fishing/shrimping season, and thats had me all stirred up lately. The CJ is running GREAT but it's time to start fixing the little "odds and ends", particularly when it gets cooler!

Been reading about the whole Montana idea. I can definitely see your struggles over deciding whether to accept an offer if it is given to you. I'm heading out there this November to hunt elk, and from the pictures I've seen, it's breathtaking territory. But for me, I've lived by the ocean all my life and would miss the saltwater fishing and lowcountry life. If I was a rich man you could bet I'd have a "getaway" up there though! I know you'll make the best decision if the opportunity presents itself!
82 CJ8 Scrambler 258-t5-Dana 300
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...-lulu-1350563/
pman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #4128
Gido
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman

I've been prowling, but not much posting. It's prime hunting/fishing/shrimping season, and thats had me all stirred up lately. The CJ is running GREAT but it's time to start fixing the little "odds and ends", particularly when it gets cooler!

Been reading about the whole Montana idea. I can definitely see your struggles over deciding whether to accept an offer if it is given to you. I'm heading out there this November to hunt elk, and from the pictures I've seen, it's breathtaking territory. But for me, I've lived by the ocean all my life and would miss the saltwater fishing and lowcountry life. If I was a rich man you could bet I'd have a "getaway" up there though! I know you'll make the best decision if the opportunity presents itself!
So pretty much a "post stalker". Haha!

in memory of Jimmy Smith - a wise man
Gido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #4129
jakeryii
1967 CJ5 

so skipper any progress?

Edit: btw I stalk this thread and a couple others daily I just post squat.
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #4130
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Nah me thinks he is trying on Stetson an Tony Lamas. Also he could be in front of the mirror looking at himself and too trying to kill that Floridian accent
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #4131
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post

I am laboring over the thought of saying goodbye to the flats! How I love running on plane in the skinny water, watching the sun come up, seeing the flights of birds going off to their hunting ground, the explosion and rain of a bait pod being smashed by a predator!

Do you use blood meal and clay for the shrimp? That's the way they did it back when I was selling livestock feed around Charleston and John's Island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gido View Post
So pretty much a "post stalker". Haha!
Right on, Gido. He can't add anything so he just sits there, and LOOKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeryii View Post
so skipper any progress?

Edit: btw I stalk this thread and a couple others daily I just post squat.
Should have the WS frame mounted this weekend, then maybe get on the leaking brake line.

Quote:
Nah me thinks he is trying on Stetson an Tony Lamas. Also he could be in front of the mirror looking at himself and too trying to kill that Floridian accent
Don't need to try on my Stetsons, as I know they already fit! And I don't own any Tony Lamas!! And I hope to NEVER lose my Florida accent, if I have one??

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #4132
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr

And I hope to NEVER lose my Florida accent, if I have one??
O, you have one.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #4133
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

What's all this talk about Montana?
Them skinny leggs would give out as fast as my fat butt would out there!

Clay's jeep is looking good!

I've been checking in from time to time, but you guys are moving so fast it is hard to keep up!

Jeff
jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #4134
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcal73 View Post
What's all this talk about Montana?
Them skinny leggs would give out as fast as my fat butt would out there!

Clay's jeep is looking good!

I've been checking in from time to time, but you guys are moving so fast it is hard to keep up!

Jeff
FAST!?!? That's the problem with you... you're running on Alabama time! We've been 3 1/2 YEARS on this dumb 'ol Jeep! If I had my wits about me I would have buttoned it up 3 months ago. I have broken two deadlines my wife set, and Clay has to take me to work and drop me off, because he has nothing to drive!

Clay dropped me off yesterday morning and then he drove to school. He was early so he used the time to study. He had to come back and get me at 7, so when he finished classes he racked up some hours in the Tutoring Lab (he tutors for pay). Then he went to his "heart keeper's" house for supper. He says he was late because her mom and dad always talk with him so long. But he was LATE! I told him if he was ever late again he would have to take a cab to school! So this morning I had to go in an hour early, and I couldn't find my keys! Woke his scawny rearend up at 5:30AM to get them, but HE couldn't find them either! So I took Beth's key. Found MY keys laying on the backseat after I had gotten to work! mm-mm-m

Unread 09-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #4135
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr

And I hope to NEVER lose my Florida accent, if I have one??
Skipper its sooo thick you couldnt cut it with a diamond blade if you wanted to.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #4136
Scott3140

1998 TJ Wrangler 

How did he drive that thing home with the keys in the back seat?
Scott3140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #4137
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Here's what I think happened .

When Clay and Scott got home, (Scott wasn't paying attention, cause he was talking to me on the phone, a multi-task problem I'm guessing) he jumped out of the truck and went to the house. Clay stayed in the truck, with the keys in his hand. While sitting there he was thinking of the blond girl, and the kiss she gave him. Clay then threw his arms up in the air and said HOLY crap. She kissed me. The keys flew from his hand and landed in the back seat. Clay didn't realize this as he was preoccupied with girl thoughts.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #4138
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Skipper its sooo thick you couldnt cut it with a diamond blade if you wanted to.[/I]
Then I am truly blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3140 View Post
How did he drive that thing home with the keys in the back seat?
He picked me up from work and drove me home. I went inside, he laid the keys down while getting his gear out of the back seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
Here's what I think happened .

When Clay and Scott got home, (Scott wasn't paying attention, cause he was talking to me on the phone, a multi-task problem I'm guessing) he jumped out of the truck and went to the house. Clay stayed in the truck, with the keys in his hand. While sitting there he was thinking of the blond girl, and the kiss she gave him. Clay then threw his arms up in the air and said HOLY crap. She kissed me. The keys flew from his hand and landed in the back seat. Clay didn't realize this as he was preoccupied with girl thoughts.

Bill
No, no... this is a GOOD girl, and he is a GOOD boy, and they ain't kissing. Yet! But we don't need to bring THAT into this thread.

Unread 09-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #4139
ecautocrafting
1985 CJ7 

great start wishing you guys the best
ecautocrafting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #4140
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecautocrafting View Post
great start wishing you guys the best
Thank You, Guy. Glad to have you drop in.

Clay applied for an opening at the local Forestry Office. They are advertising for an aluminum weldor. Clay doesn't have experience welding aluminum, but he is certified in everything else now, and he is 18! So they can train him. They just called him and asked him to come in this coming Wednesday to take a weld test! Keep Clay in your prayers. He wants the job, but to take it means dropping out of college. He really wants to get the Engineering AA before he heads off to his 4 year college. Work or school?

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.