Clay's Build Thread - Page 273 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #4081
1983 CJ7 

Looks like Bill needs a Shiner or three as well, you are a good man

Take a break Scott, write a list of the remaining items and post it up, I bet you are a lot closer than you feel....

Unread 08-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #4082
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Looks like Bill needs a Shiner or three as well, you are a good man

Take a break Scott, write a list of the remaining items and post it up, I bet you are a lot closer than you feel....
Bill needs MUCH more than a Shiner!!

I will have to make a decal to place on the tub that says "Gangloff Jeep Parts"!

Here is my list, in no particluar order...

-Tie down battery
-Install harnesses
-Bleed brakes/inspect wheel cylinder
-Exhaust system
-Install mirrors
-Alignment
-Side marker lights(Morris sent lights for a 7, may use them anyway)
-Install new shoes
-Clamps on all hoses
-Install top
-tighten manifolds
-Tighten body bolts
-Connect fuel system
-Install diff vents
-Install longer spring hanger bolts
-Install windshield wipers/motor
-Install windhsield frame/cowl seal
-Center steering wheel
-Install seats
-Paint wheel wells black
-Touch up nicks
-Install horn

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #4083
spward

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Armstrong Steering! Yep. Had to deal with that in my day!
My youngest is going to get a taste of it this weekend. Also going to teach her to drive a stick at the same time. Just hope she can stay away from the trees and the cattle at my father's ranch. Then on Monday, we will tow it to the garage and have some bonding time and declare ourselves "lunatics" for taking on a rehab project.

USN Hull #227
spward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #4084
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spward View Post
My youngest is going to get a taste of it this weekend. Also going to teach her to drive a stick at the same time. Just hope she can stay away from the trees and the cattle at my father's ranch. Then on Monday, we will tow it to the garage and have some bonding time and declare ourselves "lunatics" for taking on a rehab project.
Every truck I ever drove amongst cattle was so banged up that hitting a tree would never have been noticed! Never figured out the connection between bulls and truck beds, and why they are compelled to bash 'em! Good times...

Sounds like you guys are going to have a big time. Armstrong steering with skinny tires was almost like having power steering! Have fun Scott...

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 08-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #4085
Hashbrown
Blissfully Unaware

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Probably because of all the NOOBIE welding we had to do on it! We didn't no nuthin when we started this project. AJ straightened it as well as he could! I will mount the soft top and figure where the WS is supposed to be. SOMEHOW, we'll attach the top of it to the A pillar. That will pull it in. But it likely won't be easy to fold down, if he ever wants to...

I ain't in a bad mood, just apathetic!!

AJ taking most of the warp out of it.
What is the trailer like contraption the windshield is setting on?
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #4086
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashbrown

That's the RACK, from back in the day, way back, that's how the head Kerrdog and the little dogs got so tall, Beth uses it a a "time out" machine. Scott used to be 5'6". Now he's 6'2" . I guessing Scotty spent a lot of time on it.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #4087
Hashbrown
Blissfully Unaware

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
That's the RACK, from back in the day, way back, that's how the head Kerrdog and the little dogs got so tall, Beth uses it a a "time out" machine. Scott used to be 5'6". Now he's 6'2" . I guessing Scotty spent a lot of time on it.

Bill
I need to borrow that or maybe a few more pictures of it so I can build one for myself!
Unread 08-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #4088
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:

I need to borrow that or maybe a few more pictures of it so I can build one for myself!
As I understand , it's also good for shrinkage in the colder wetter months. at least that's what Scott says. I personally think its BS. He must be preping for Montana.

Bill
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 08-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #4089
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashbrown View Post
Don't listen to Bill. He don't no nuthin either!!

That is AJ's homemade 50 ton woodsplitter. Not done in the pic, but done now. He clamped my frame to the I-beam and beat the crap out of it!

Unread 08-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #4090
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Bill needs MUCH more than a Shiner!!

I will have to make a decal to place on the tub that says "Gangloff Jeep Parts"!

Here is my list, in no particluar order...

-Tie down battery
-Install harnesses
-Bleed brakes/inspect wheel cylinder
-Exhaust system
-Install mirrors
-Alignment
-Side marker lights(Morris sent lights for a 7, may use them anyway)
-Install new shoes
-Clamps on all hoses
-Install top
-tighten manifolds
-Tighten body bolts
-Connect fuel system
-Install diff vents
-Install longer spring hanger bolts
-Install windshield wipers/motor
-Install windhsield frame/cowl seal
-Center steering wheel
-Install seats
-Paint wheel wells black
-Touch up nicks
-Install horn
Scott, your list is longer than I expected but should be a few days at the most...however, I know that Jeep's don't work that way
Unread 08-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #4091
Hashbrown
Blissfully Unaware

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Don't listen to Bill. He don't no nuthin either!!

That is AJ's homemade 50 ton woodsplitter. Not done in the pic, but done now. He clamped my frame to the I-beam and beat the crap out of it!
Thats what I thought but it's HUGE! looks like you could split fence rail with that thing.
Unread 08-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #4092
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:

Thats what I thought but it's HUGE! looks like you could split fence rail with that thing.
Hash, you need to listen to ME. Skerr is from Florida, nuf said.

Bill
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 09-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #4093
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Skerr! You changed your avatar! That list might seem long but if your todo is short enough to be put on a list...you are in good shape.

My Frame-Off
Kastraelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #4094
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Scott, your list is longer than I expected but should be a few days at the most...however, I know that Jeep's don't work that way
Clay is under the Jeep "as we speak!" One down, 16,452 more to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashbrown View Post
IIRC, AJ told me it would split a 48" or 60" log. Can't remember which one though. Still, a 48" cylinder is pretty hefty. It's in operation, all painted up, and looks very good. But you would have to know AJ, whio has been integral in out build, always showing up when we really needed help... like he has some kind of sixth sense. He is a neighbor and a very good friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
Hash, you need to listen to ME. Skerr is from Florida, nuf said.

Bill
No... I'm from the REAL Florida. As is Kevin White (mopar346). Not a transplant. Living in the last bastion of the once-greatest-state in the Confederacy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastraelie View Post
Skerr! You changed your avatar! That list might seem long but if your todo is short enough to be put on a list...you are in good shape.
That sounds good, but I am moving w-a-a-a-y slow! Why is that you reckon? I cannot get in gear to finish this build. I keep pulling it out of the shop and driving around the yard! What a MOW-ron...

AJ fell from a ladder yesterday and went to the hospital by ambulance. He is okay!! He has a split-level house with his shop being in the side of a hill. You can drive around the back and into the shop. On the shop side, the house is 3 stories tall, because it is on the latter side of the hill. AJ has a deck at the 2nd and 3rd levels. He was constructing a "roof" out of tarps on the "big porch" (2nd floor) so he could do some work. He fell off one of his ladders onto the porch. Thank God! If he had gone over the railing...

He didn't remember falling off. He dislocated his shoulder. He is home and recovering. This man has not completed God's work yet! HE has a plan for AJ! Amen... Ya'll lift up AJ Please.

Unread 09-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #4095
Gido
1980 CJ7 

No... I'm from the REAL Florida. As is Kevin White (mopar346). Not a transplant. Living in the last bastion of the once-greatest-state in the Confederacy!

Oh yeah! Gotta love ole Florida!!!!

in memory of Jimmy Smith - a wise man
Gido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.