Clay's Build Thread - Page 267 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 08-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #3991
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spward View Post
This has been a great thread. Been reading for a few days and was nice to see the progress. Looking forward to slowly reworking my CJ7 with my 14yo.
I don't know where you've been, but this thread has been nothing but shenanigans for the past few days!

In reality, Skerr is awesome, and he does great work. Thats why we all hang out here.

Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #3992
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv

In reality, Skerr is awesome, and he does great work. Thats why we all hang out here.
X2 he is a great guy.
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #3993
spward

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
I don't know where you've been, but this thread has been nothing but shenanigans for the past few days!

I have watched, but since the CJ goes to my daughter, there might be some pink involved with our rebuild. Not a lot and no fringe, but she will have some accents to make it girly (but still tough). We are going to tow it back next weekend and let the slow process start. I have a lot of usefull information I have got from several posts. Just hope I have a rig worthy of what has been rebuilt.

USN Hull #227
spward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #3994
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spward View Post
I have watched, but since the CJ goes to my daughter, there might be some pink involved with our rebuild. Not a lot and no fringe, but she will have some accents to make it girly (but still tough). We are going to tow it back next weekend and let the slow process start. I have a lot of usefull information I have got from several posts. Just hope I have a rig worthy of what has been rebuilt.
These guys are just easily entertained!! But if someone gets a laugh then I'm pleased. Virtually everything I have learned has been from this site, and the support of the members has been astonishing. IMO, there is nothing better than a father/child build. We have been 3 1/2 years! And I have this gift, you see. I can tell by a signature if a person has good character! Yep, it's true. Your name is Scott, and you're going to be valuable and important, because your name is GREAT!

Scott

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #3995
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I am totally losing my mind!! Somebody moved the bolt holes on the engine block! Who could have done it, and why?? It is plain mean, and if I get a chance to line that person up in my Trijicons, oooooooooooooo watch out!!!!!!

Can you believe Paul's exhaust manifold DOES NOT FIT MY BLOCK!!!??? Sup with that? The two middle holes do not line up. The maifold holes don't reach up to the holes on the block. And YES, I am sure.

Headers- Pros and Cons...
Pros- I HAVE them; They FIT; Rumble, Rumble; Dual exhaust/ Cons- Clay don't want 'em; doubles cost of exhaust system; makes slight contact with bellcrank.

Options...
Grin and bear it with the headers (but we can't afford it with college right now). Find the right manifold.

Other problems...
Clay's Power Steering pump bracket has a straight edge (showing pic where straight edge of bracket makes contact with Paul's exhaust manifold), and it hits the exhaust manifold. This is the same problem with the headers. I have the right setup on my 7 (another part robbed?). I need the power steering pump bracket off a later model 258. WHEN this gets changed fluid is going to go everywhere. WTH- the nicely painted engine looks like crap already anyway!

DISGUST!

I can't buy a vowel!

The Widow was on the floor of the shop this morning. I guess a mud dobber dropped it, it's paralyzed. Gonna get a decal made up and plaster to the side of this cursed Jeep... CAUSE IT'S KILLING ME!

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!
img_1468_1.jpg   img_1469_1.jpg   img_1470_1.jpg   img_1471_1.jpg   img_1462_1.jpg  

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #3996
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

What year is yours again? I have a manifold of an 83 258 if your still wanting one.
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #3997
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Well that don't make any sense. I thought externally the 258 stayed the same throughout the years???? I have one of those straight PS brackets in my garage. Can't you notch it to clear? Not that it matters if the manifold won't work. It came of my '84.
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #3998
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Unread 08-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #3999
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
What year is yours again? I have a manifold of an 83 258 if your still wanting one.
Ours is a '79. Paul already sent me an '84 manifold. I have to figure out the differences in block years. Thanks, though, Trent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Well that don't make any sense. I thought externally the 258 stayed the same throughout the years???? I have one of those straight PS brackets in my garage. Can't you notch it to clear? Not that it matters if the manifold won't work. It came of my '84.
I guess I'll make a thread and see if anyone can tell me about it.

Your PS bracket is also straight?? Wonder why the one on my 1985 7 is curved?? I figured it was a later model all-around design.

Unread 08-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #4000
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

You think maybe I put it on upside down??

Unread 08-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #4001
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

No, the one on my engine is curved like yours. I bought a set off ebay for the alumunum center section and it came with a straight bracket which i though was odd.
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #4002
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Now my wife just walked in the door and is telling me my driver' side widow on my truck won't go up...

Unread 08-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #4003
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

If it wasn't for bad luck Scott..... Just remember, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger.... or some crap like that.

Clearly there is a difference in the early and late heads other than head bolt size, but why only two mount points for the exhaust manifold? I have an '84 head sitting in my garage Scott. Just sayin. Althouh at this point I am not sure anything from my 258 will bolt on yours.
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #4004
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

What a PITA. I hate when stuff like this happens! Sounds like you should go hide in a cave until tomorrow when the bad luck storm blows over.

Do the holes in the head at least line up with the manifold? If the do, do you have any machine shop buddies willing to make you a shim to fit between the two and possibly a new PS pump bracket while they are at it? Just thinking aloud.
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #4005
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Another thought on the PS bracket.... I think Dave (Fatman) has a drawing for one he fabbed for the 258 when he had it. Let Clay weld it up.

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.