Clay's Build Thread - Page 254 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #3796
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdogtoy View Post
when I was shopping for my jeep the owner of one of the ones I looked at tells me "she fires right up", reached in turned the key, I dove out of the way, and the jeep drove into his kitchen, through the garage wall. Glad your OK Scott, and happy to hear that the project is coming together for you.
Dang Dog... that's crazy! If Clay's had been in granny and she started there would have been no stopping her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberJeep View Post
Its coming along great Scott. Keep up the great work. Im sure Clay is itching to take her down the road.
Thanks Bomber. I think BOTH of us are itching to drive her down the road. I kind of hit a slump right now. I can't see any point in doing anymore engine work until I resolve the manifold dilemma, as Clay doesn't want headers. There's no point in going further with the engine. I worked on wiring awhile today, but I've had a headache all day and no energy. Only a little completed this whole day.

I DID manage to stop the oil leak at the front of the pan, and THAT made me happy!

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #3797
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

If you go with the newer style intake like the one you swapped in from your 7 I have an oem exhaust manifold you can have Scott.
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #3798
1983 CJ7 

You are a good man Paul
Unread 08-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #3799
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I have no earthly idea what I did to fix my front parking lights, but now they work with the switch?? I pulled the fuse box back out, traced all the wires again. Painstaking!!! I discovered the brake light switch wire was unplugged from the back of the fuse box, and I plugged it in. I was testnig the wires with my test light when I realized the green wire was no longer hot. Now the WHITE wire was hot??? Huh!? I don't know, I don't care, I can't explain it. But I'm serious as a heart attack! Is it possible that plugging in the brake light switch circuit changed the current flow in the harness?

So I buttoned up the front of the grill, mounted the headlights/trim rings... finally... and ran the wiring to the back of the tub. I have all the wiring in place to connect the tail lights and fuel sender. Test light indicates power to the tail lights. I take that as a good sign.

I am out of the proper size heat shrink so no more work today. I have some lder stuff, but it woun't draw up tightly, and it breaks where there is a shoulder. I guess it is too old, so I tossed it.

Why do spiders like to make webs underneath Clay's Jeep? They are a menace when on the creeper.

Clay just got home... he passed his bend test for TIG on pipe. He says it's an ice cream night! RBFs??

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 08-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #3800
Gido
1980 CJ7 

Congrats to u and congrats to clay!

in memory of Jimmy Smith - a wise man
Gido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #3801
pman
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Woohoo! Great news on all fronts!

As far as the spiders go, I have the same problem. So far I've found NO widows (brown or black) under the chassis. Makes me creepy on my creeper. Some big ole cockroaches were living in the seats, but I've squared that problem away. We tend to have boatloads of the brown widows here, which if I have to have them I prefer as they seem much more timid. I did find a HUGE black widow that made a nest in my Hi-Lift Jack that was sitting in the corner of my garage. Man she was fast. Dead as a doornail now and no eggs either.
82 Wagoneer 360-727-NP208
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...-lulu-1350563/
pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #3802
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

RBF's ha p-shaw, it's a GCC night!!!

Good work today. I'll explain later on the P-lights. It's FD PR time,. It's national night out against crime. What this has to do with Firefighters is beyond me. A feather in the Chiefs hat no doubt.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #3803
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
If you go with the newer style intake like the one you swapped in from your 7 I have an oem exhaust manifold you can have Scott.
I think I sent you a PM?? Can't remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gido View Post
Congrats to u and congrats to clay!
Thanks Gido. How's your rig doing? When you coming over this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Woohoo! Great news on all fronts!

As far as the spiders go, I have the same problem. So far I've found NO widows (brown or black) under the chassis. Makes me creepy on my creeper. Some big ole cockroaches were living in the seats, but I've squared that problem away. We tend to have boatloads of the brown widows here, which if I have to have them I prefer as they seem much more timid. I did find a HUGE black widow that made a nest in my Hi-Lift Jack that was sitting in the corner of my garage. Man she was fast. Dead as a doornail now and no eggs either.
Thanks pman. I have no Widows either, just small, fat, brown spiders that spew their web over everything within range! Little bastages!

I have not found any Widows around the house/shop, but we have gobs of Brown Widows (we call 'em Southern Widows) at work. They are everywhere.

Done today...
Front parking lights- operational
Headlights-final mounting/operational
Tail lights- park function operational/ brake light operational

---------------------------------
Turn signals NOT working!! WHY?

Dash lights do NOT work. They are hanging down under the dash. When I pull the switch one click and ground the light base with a jumper, shouldn't it come on?

Right rear wheel cylinder leaking fluid down the inside of the tire. BRAND NEW!! ZERO MILES!! NEVER BEEN OUT OF THE SHOP!!!

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #3804
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

PR work for the Firedepartment.

image-1654845818.jpg

image-2866584114.jpg

image-2374142631.jpg

Flowing 250 GPM off the hydrant , I still have 105 psi available.

image-3418892634.jpg

Bill
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 08-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #3805
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I... Will... Keep... My... Mouth... Shut.

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #3806
scoutboater

1974 CJ5 

Bill,

Looks like a smooth bore nozzle off the master stream still mounted to the engine, am I right? (The 105 psi pump pressure is also a giveaway if your rig is similar to ours, because the fog nozzles require 125...)

Scott,

Keep up the good work, you're still making progress. I'm not much help on the intake/exhaust issue, but even with that dilemma you still get enough done to make me jealous and wishing I had the time and space to get started on mine...

Remember gents, keep calm and carry on.
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #3807
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutboater
Bill,

Looks like a smooth bore nozzle off the master stream still mounted to the engine, am I right? (The 105 psi pump pressure is also a giveaway if your rig is similar to ours, because the fog nozzles require 125...)

Scott,

Keep up the good work, you're still making progress. I'm not much help on the intake/exhaust issue, but even with that dilemma you still get enough done to make me jealous and wishing I had the time and space to get started on mine...

Remember gents, keep calm and carry on.
1.5" smooth bore, flowing at 50 psi. The 105 is the residual. I didn't have it in pump gear. It was straight off the hydrant, thru the pump and then the nozzle. Still mounted and piped thru the machine.

Bill
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #3808
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Scott, sent you a PM. Here is the manifold I have off my '84. Is this gonna work with the intake manifold you have or are you gonna need a later intake as well?
20120807_220436.jpg   20120807_220453.jpg  
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #3809
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr

I think I sent you a PM?? Can't remember!

Thanks Gido. How's your rig doing? When you coming over this way?

Thanks pman. I have no Widows either, just small, fat, brown spiders that spew their web over everything within range! Little bastages!

I have not found any Widows around the house/shop, but we have gobs of Brown Widows (we call 'em Southern Widows) at work. They are everywhere.

Done today...
Front parking lights- operational
Headlights-final mounting/operational
Tail lights- park function operational/ brake light operational

---------------------------------
Turn signals NOT working!! WHY?

Dash lights do NOT work. They are hanging down under the dash. When I pull the switch one click and ground the light base with a jumper, shouldn't it come on?

Right rear wheel cylinder leaking fluid down the inside of the tire. BRAND NEW!! ZERO MILES!! NEVER BEEN OUT OF THE SHOP!!!
The flasher is in , and in the correct spot, and it's a known good flasher? When the signal lights are turned on, are there no lights or just no flashing.

Dash lights- known good bulb? The switch not turned all the way to dome lights. The biggie-There is a resistance needed for dash lights to work. Meaning they all, or at least 1/2 half of them need grounded to work. A short story.
Put a automotive light switch in my boat, to dim the dash lights. I used a 12 volt test light to find the proper lugs on the back of the switch, there was 12 v to the supply. WTH none of them worked, or the light was so dim you couldn't see it. Added 3 or 4 lights in the test , cool dimming lights. Don't ask me why, that's the way it is. So hook up 3 dash lights and see what happens. A 12 volt Test meter should also be used. It's a resistance thing. One light won't be enough.

Wheel cylinder, there are two different ones, 2"x11, and the 10", double check you got the correct part. This is the one for 11" rears, right side.

image-1175458646.jpg

Bill
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #3810
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
It's FD PR time,. It's national night out against crime. What this has to do with Firefighters is beyond me.
I was wondering what this was all about. Neighborhood I drive through on the way home had a sign up about National Night Out and there was a fire truck there this evening with kids climbing on it.

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.