Clay's Build Thread - Page 225 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #3361
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchJPR View Post
Trow the harness in, then connect the things you know. I think thats the easiest way....
Dutch... you did see where I mention I completely blank out!?!?!?

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #3362
DutchJPR
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Dutch... you did see where I mention I completely blank out!?!?!?
Lol...... I'll throw in some more.....

1th pic. right to left: starter,starter relay, battery, alternator(red wire, two connectors), oil pressure sender.
2th pic right to left: oil pressure sender, ignition coil(half moon shapeped thing),? and ? then distributor.
3th pic left under: right side marker, right headlamp and flasher. left midlle: water temp sensor (angeled connector)
4th pic left to right: left side marker, left headlight and flasher, horn, windshieldwasher? ingnition module motorcraft(two rond connectors), fusebox.
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #3363
Moogs

In the 2nd pic the half moon thingy I believe is for the coil.
Moogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #3364
DutchJPR
1986 CJ7 

Basicaly the wiring harness has two sides.
One for the engine, it goes roughly from fusebox, ignition module, then to the carb, across the engine over the firewall, tranny's, heater fan then coil and distributor, alternator, and ends at the starter.
Second for the lightning and accesoiry, it goes on the left inner fender to windscreenwasher, horn, left lightning, across the radiator to the right lightning.

Together with the above you should be able to re-connect it.

For referece you could use this scedule. Do print it out, large sized, put it on the wall of the shed. All connectors are on it!

Left under (CDE/1234) is the 6cil enginebay wiring.

I missed the brake safety light, don't know exacly where it's located in the harness.
Unread 06-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #3365
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I will come back to the wiring... don't want to break the momentum we have going today. Ordered parts from Morris day before yesterday. Fedex arrived a bit ago, bringing most of the order, including this brand new, unopened, still in the package headlight switch knob. What's wrong widit? Already had to call about new parts quality.
100_2976_1.jpg  

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 06-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #3366
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
I will come back to the wiring... don't want to break the momentum we have going today. Ordered parts from Morris day before yesterday. Fedex arrived a bit ago, bringing most of the order, including this brand new, unopened, still in the package headlight switch knob. What's wrong widit? Already had to call about new parts quality.
Yea, where is the insert for the knob.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #3367
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Well, shoot! Momentum busted. Clay says he needs a rest! He is laying on the beanbag watching Dick Van Dyke Show (DVD). I have a pretty significant list for him to pick up in town. I don't HAVE to have those things today, but it is things I could be doing, like the vent nipples for the axle housings. I also need nipples for the MC2100 bases (mine needs one too) for PCV vacuum. Gotta drill and tap holes for them as well. Oh well. When they're 2 years old they want to help Dad. When they're 18, they have to have some say-so.

Things DONE today...

Re-installed the intake/exhaust manifolds. Clay's TIG job is beautiful. Wore out my rotary file and a stone making the bolt hole round again!

Installed other spring plates in the front. PO had welded bolts on for shocks. That is changed now, and I have a place for sway bar (which we have) if we choose to install it.

Wire-wheeled areas of the frame where we had done some welding, applied self-etch primer. Need to brush on some black.

CJ3B said "NO, we can't have Clay's wheel back!" Gonna be a fight!

Went back out to the shop (while Clay was resting!) and discovered one of my big JBLs fell! The bracket went on break! The whole thing came crashing down, and it ended up on my Workmate. But it bounced off Clay's dash first!!!!!!!! Can't use it for sure, now. Bent beyond recognition! Glad MoC is sending us another.

Unread 06-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #3368
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Morris is sending out a new one today. YAY! Keeping the bad one I guess, but why?

Unread 06-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #3369
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
Yea, where is the insert for the knob.
Dang, you are so sharp!!

Unread 06-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #3370
2girlsAndaGuy
1979 CJ5 

that dash sure had a bad omen around it, guess it was letting you know one last time that is was a lost cause.

David
2girlsAndaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #3371
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchJPR View Post
Basicaly the wiring harness has two sides.
One for the engine, it goes roughly from fusebox, ignition module, then to the carb, across the engine over the firewall, tranny's, heater fan then coil and distributor, alternator, and ends at the starter.
Second for the lightning and accesoiry, it goes on the left inner fender to windscreenwasher, horn, left lightning, across the radiator to the right lightning.

Together with the above you should be able to re-connect it.

For referece you could use this scedule. Do print it out, large sized, put it on the wall of the shed. All connectors are on it!

Left under (CDE/1234) is the 6cil enginebay wiring.

I missed the brake safety light, don't know exacly where it's located in the harness.
zzzooonnniiinnnggg ooouuuttt... III ssseee llliiinnneeesss aaannnddd bbblllooobbbsss! must make it to the sun. only sun's rays can save me. must... get... outside... feeeeeling weeeaaak! unnmmmph...

Working on it Dutch. Gonna be tough. Thank you.

Unread 06-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #3372
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsAndaGuy View Post
that dash sure had a bad omen around it, guess it was letting you know one last time that is was a lost cause.
No Kidding! Thinking about turning it into a grill.

Unread 06-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #3373
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr

Morris is sending out a new one today. YAY! Keeping the bad one I guess, but why?
In case some one needs one, that's why. The insert is just glued on. What if the knob pulls off the shaft on your 7.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #3374
2girlsAndaGuy
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
No Kidding! Thinking about turning it into a grill.
na, just hang it above your shop.

David
2girlsAndaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #3375
DutchJPR
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Makes a nice skewer for the dash grill

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.