Clay's Build Thread - Page 204 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 04-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #3046
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gido View Post
Not an expert in much of anything but, I would say definitely clean it good before sanding otherwise you will be permanently grinding grease and dirt into the glass.
Good point Gido.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Skipper you want to get rid of any conamination before you proceed.
1 wash the tub like you wash a car.
2. Wipe down with wax and grease remover.
3. Fix your boo boos
4, Wipe down with wax and grease remover prior to primer and paint.

Make a note to your self "KEEP YER DIRTY PEACH PICKING HANDS OFF THE TUB" Had to say that since you live so close to Georgia cleanliness is importsant.
No peach pickin for me this year. Lost 'em all in the freezes! What do you recommend for wax and grease remover? I was just going to wash/scrub with Purple Power.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #3047
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Peach pickin I like that.

Don't know about the PowerPoint. Can it be burnt to a disc and mail it? HELP.

Read the label on the PP, I'm thinking dilute with water, a 50/50 mix.
And whatever the paint shop recommends on the remover.
Here's a picture of the rollbar padding we talked about a while back.

image-967427980.jpg

Bill

Notice there weren't no Grits in my earlier picture. I had a cigar instead
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #3048
Splinter
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
In my 26 hour of a 36 hour shift. There are some benefits though, And I didn't have to cook.

So what's up with the welder? And the 12 hour days?

Bill

Attachment 385173
Wow, that's quite a breakfast plate. What is on the plate that looks to me like blueberries and gravy. Sorry i am fro the frozen North. LOL
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #3049
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
Wow, that's quite a breakfast plate. What is on the plate that looks to me like blueberries and gravy. Sorry i am fro the frozen North. LOL
Mmmmmm, looks kinda like sausage gravy...
Unread 04-23-2012, 03:42 AM   #3050
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Skipper head on back down to your supplier or the boat yard and get a gallon its cheap.
spray it on with a windex bottle and wipe ot off with papper towels.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:36 AM   #3051
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter
Pork sausage gravy on top of a buttermilk biscuit, fried potatoes, and 3 eggs over easy. I went back for seconds.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #3052
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
Peach pickin I like that.

Don't know about the PowerPoint. Can it be burnt to a disc and mail it? HELP.

Read the label on the PP, I'm thinking dilute with water, a 50/50 mix.
And whatever the paint shop recommends on the remover.
Here's a picture of the rollbar padding we talked about a while back.

Attachment 385579

Bill

Notice there weren't no Grits in my earlier picture. I had a cigar instead
Good advice on talking with the paint shop, and I'm sure I can burn it to disc.

Quote:
Skipper head on back down to your supplier or the boat yard and get a gallon its cheap.
spray it on with a windex bottle and wipe ot off with papper towels.
Spray on what and wipe off what?? I don't think that would be a good idea with Purple Power. Are you talking about something else?

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #3053
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Scott,
I use this site for spreadsheets, you could use it for a Power Point too I believe.

https://share.zoho.com/homepage

Jeff
jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 03:48 AM   #3054
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Skipper a gallon of wax and grease remover spray it on and then wipe it off with paper towels. What you will be doing is floating the containments to the surface so wipe it off and use lost of towels so you dont spread the crud. Do a panel at a time since it dries quickly.

Think of the "Karate Kid" "wax on wax off" not only will you be a hobbyist auto painter but this could be the start of a martial arts career
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #3055
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra

Think of the "Karate Kid" "wax on wax off" not only will you be a hobbyist auto painter but this could be the start of a martial arts career
to funny
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #3056
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Thanks MoC I aim to please, looking over what I wrote I feel I should have used :Hamauture Painter" instead of hobbyist painter. But as they say hindsite is 2020
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #3057
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Whoa!! Tough crowd tonight!

Soooooo... do I have to reprime my tub, or can I just wash it and begin the wetsanding? Remember, the hood and fenders have been in primer for a few months, block sanded with a guide coat already applied. It is conceivable that I can get paint on them this weekend.

Unread 04-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #3058
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Skipper just clean it throughly, feather sand your nicks and scratches then spot prime spot primer where you need to. Quickly sand the whole tub again prior to paint to give the paint something to bite into 360 should be fime.When your ready for paint use wax and grease remover again and squirt yer paint
Unread 04-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #3059
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Skipper just clean it throughly, feather sand your nicks and scratches then spot prime spot primer where you need to. Quickly sand the whole tub again prior to paint to give the paint something to bite into 360 should be fime.When your ready for paint use wax and grease remover again and squirt yer paint
roger, Boss

Unread 04-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #3060
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Welds still not up to par. Clay is moping around like he lost his puppy! He really had the machine purring like a super-charged bumblebee, but he is still dealing with what he calls pipe porosity. This is brand new solid core .030 wire, gas pressure has been raised and lowered, polarity has been changed and changed back, there are no cracks or leaks, metal is clean, welding in the shop so no wind, IDK. I really feel for him. He takes failure hard, like I do, but I get determined and start kicking some flowers around! I know he'll get there... I just hate to see him disjointed! He has decided to take the cage to school and weld it up there. He started TIG this week, but he doesn't think he will have time to TIG it before the semester ends. He can't take his machine to school because they don't have the same kind of plug. I offered to make up an adaptor for him, but he has not accepted that yet. We have not called tech support yet.

On another note, my wife picked up a really monster landscape job for an elderly lady. It is a "richie" house, in a "richie" neighborhood, with a very fine landscape, and it has been unattended for 4 years (since her husband died). She bit off more than she can chew, and now I am involved too. I can see it taking another couple three weeks of part time work, and we can definitely use the dough. But there goes any deadlines I had in mind! I gotta keep telling myself that God knows what He is doing!

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.