Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Clay's Build Thread

556K views 5K replies 145 participants last post by  Skerr 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been contemplating posting a build thread for awhile. After viewing some of the current ones I got really pumped! I also figured that as long as I was going to be asking for help fixing stuff I might as well have it in the thread... so here we go. My 16 YO son, Clay, and I are building his CJ5. It's a 79 that I acquired in a boat/Jeep trade nearly 2 years ago. I got it for myself but I don't fit well, so I got a 7 and gave him the 5. He is really stoked about building the Jeep and I can't think of a better father/son project. Clay will be doing the work while I supervise ;). The 5 has a 258, T18A, D20 with axles from an 85 CJ7, D30 and AMC20. Gears are 2.72. We will probably go to a 3.73 in the future. It will get the RC 2.5" lift, Procomp 9000 shocks, and a urethane bushing kit (already purchased). It also has a FG tub which will require a bit of glass work. We had already completed the frame resto when we discovered that we didn't do it right. So we took it back down to bare metal again, finding some rot and a few cracks. We should have those repairs made in the next couple of weeks. After that the frame gets POR-15 and black implement paint. In the meantime, we'll be working on getting the engine painted and installing the MC2100. In these pics Clay is prepping the T18A for paint. He wanted to paint it silver with a red stripe, but I put the Kibash on that! So he settled for a silver tranny and red shift levers... when we get there. He plans to paint the rig International red (tractor paint) with a silver tub floor. Hmmmm... maybe! It MIGHT look good. We just finished watching the entire Season 2 of the Rat Patrol... so guess what HE wants to mount up!?!? :laugh:

Attachments

See less See more
#4,592 ·
lucdog said:
The word on the street is, the Flamingo is so exclusive. Skerrdog won't even let himself in.

This could be interesting, a Jeeptini, Rum and Jeep, jeep with a beer chaser. Jeep on the rocks. Sex on the Jeep, The Suwanee River Jeep special, ( think Long Island Iced Tea with a splash of river water) . Jeep shots ( Mountain Dew and Jägermeister) , sand in your undies with a twist. ( driveshaft pun intended) . Jeep-a-Rita. For California types, a bowl of Granola because what ain't fruit and nuts is flakes, served with a Umbrella drink of your choice.
On Draft for Missouri , Stag or Falstaff. Unless your from Perry, then ice water with baby Gators frozen in the ice cubes would be your choice. The Ten gallon Texas special, if you can drink it its free.

Sorry if I left you out, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Bill
Kansas?

sent from her pants

#4,593 ·
8pitcher said:
Kansas?

sent from her pants
All I say about Kansas, and this would be one of my all time favorites. A Kansas City strip steak from the Hereford house. Followed by a case of beer, to get you thru to the state to Colorado. This would be known as the , Jesus how long does it take to drive thru this state drink.

Bill

#4,594 ·
lucdog said:
All I say about Kansas, and this would be one of my all time favorites. A Kansas City strip steak from the Hereford house. Followed by a case of beer, to get you thru to the state to Colorado. This would be known as the , Jesus how long does it take to drive thru this state drink.

Bill
That there would be a great one. Cooked med rare I hope. And I think youd need more then just one it takes about 8 hours to get to Colorado so more like 5-6? Haha

#4,595 ·
I was thinking "sex IN the jeep", but that's nearly impossible for normal height people.

So i agree with bill, sex ON the jeep.

Or "making love on the ground near the jeep" if you don't wanna piss off the custom paint guys :D haha

#4,596 ·
After my post on BSing I came to realise that in this thread BS has many different meanings.

One that comes to mind is "Butt Stuck" Skipper has on a few occasions said that as soon as he get out of this chair he will ...............!
Well when you look at that statement its obvious that his "Butt Stuck" to the chair and he aint goin nowhere.

While it is early in the morning here I am sure I will remember some more BS meanings in this thread. But Ya-ll can help out too.

#4,597 ·
After my post on BSing I came to realise that in this thread BS has many different meanings.

One that comes to mind is "Butt Stuck" Skipper has on a few occasions said that as soon as he get out of this chair he will ...............!
Well when you look at that statement its obvious that his "Butt Stuck" to the chair and he aint goin nowhere.

While it is early in the morning here I am sure I will remember some more BS meanings in this thread. But Ya-ll can help out too.
Nah... you got Butt-Stuck wrong. Down here it is what happens after a weekend of eating Velveeta.

Guess my Jeep bar better have an outdoor toilet.

#4,603 ·
Matt1981CJ7 said:
Does any actual CJ work ever get done on this thread? :p

Sheesh...and I thought my "World's Ugliest..." thread gets chatty at times.

"Sex on the Jeep"....too friggen funny!!

Matt
My thread is pretty chatty when I don't do anything. I just try to keep it alive.

#4,609 ·
You mean ignorance. I don't see any incompetence on your thread. Ignorance is a state of learning. It is a GREAT position to be in, because everything that comes your way is new knowledge. What happens when you get to be like some of these guys, learn all there is to learn, and then get bored with all this? I hope it never happens.

Hey, ain't two left hands also an OSHA violation??
Two lefts make a right, and I am THE Poster Child for OSHA!

And Whitworth?? C'mon. I'm waaaay more unique than that! :p

#4,606 ·
Actually Gents (and I use that term loosely I mean very loosely) its not incompetence, its that the Skipper has two left hands and they are not even SAE left hands nor are they metric left hands they are British Witworth left hands! Then there is the language barrier he speaks Southern Americana that almost anybody in the rest of the country says where the heck is he from and why does he talk soooooooooooooooooooo dang slow?

#4,610 ·
Then there is the language barrier he speaks Southern Americana that almost anybody in the rest of the country says where the heck is he from and why does he talk soooooooooooooooooooo dang slow?
and, fortunately, because of you George, we now know that dialect to be White Springs, FL!

#4,607 ·
gmakra said:
Actually Gents (and I use that term loosely I mean very loosely) its not incompetence, its that the Skipper has two left hands and they are not even SAE left hands nor are they metric left hands they are British Witworth left hands! Then there is the language barrier he speaks Southern Americana that almost anybody in the rest of the country says where the heck is he from and why does he talk soooooooooooooooooooo dang slow?
Hey, ain't two left hands also an OSHA violation??

#4,612 ·
Mvigo actually its known as Bottom Southern or BS!
Dada Skipper has posted pictures of his feet on this thread also showning Both Shoes this too is also called BS. However if you look closely they are two left feet which would explain why the Skipper goes around in circles! This is common with southern people some even drive thier cars fast with two left hand and t

#4,615 ·
Mvigo actually its known as Bottom Southern or BS!
Dada Skipper has posted pictures of his feet on this thread also showning Both Shoes this too is also called BS. However if you look closely they are two left feet which would explain why the Skipper goes around in circles! This is common with southern people some even drive thier cars fast with two left hands and two left feet this is called NASCAR
Dang IE

This is common with southern people some even drive their cars fast with two left hands and two left feet this is called NASCAR
Let me help you out a bit Geeyorge. I know it's difficult typing with two left thumbs!

And while us Rowdy Rebs drive our cars in circles, over and over again, I think I heard that you silly Yanks paid good money to watch us while you slaked your thirst on your favor-rite bevirredge? :teehee: unh-huh...

My only true problem is that my feets is on der rong side!

Attachments

#4,622 ·
Classy!!

Bill is missing the water part! Also, that looks an awful lot like work. Bleh! (At least he has work ;))
I'm liking this foot pic thing!

Dude... trying to make out the fish. Pic isn't good enough. Not a Discus is it? And Amazon Sword Plants?? Cool tank.

Here's another pic to better tie in Bill's pic. And Daniel... you got sissy socks!! :rofl:

Attachments

#4,621 ·
Dadamsnv said:
Bill is missing the water part! Also, that looks an awful lot like work. Bleh! (At least he has work ;))
Yep, sometimes work just sucks. And there's plenty of water where I work. And a big pump to move it . :)

Bill