Clay's Build Thread - Page 117 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #1741
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

thats awesome, I'll bet you and clay are about ready to wet yourselves.

cjdogtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #1742
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdogtoy View Post
thats awesome, I'll bet you and clay are about ready to wet yourselves.
You must have been peaking!?

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #1743
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr

Does he look as OLD as he does in his pictures!?!?!?!
My next stop may be White Springs. You had best start working out right now! Old, I'll show you old.

Had a great time meeting Jim and his wife,and it was a surprise, Vic and I just showed up.
We were so close, and I really wanted to meet Jim.
Long story short. Went to the address on his website, pulled into the entrance/driveway and stopped. I asked Vic if we should go ahead in. That Vicki, she is smart, she said "would you want someone to stop at are house" I never said a word, just drove in.

Scott, Jim has a beautiful place, hope you can make it there one day.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #1744
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
My next stop may be White Springs. You had best start working out right now! Old, I'll show you old.

Had a great time meeting Jim and his wife,and it was a surprise, Vic and I just showed up.
We were so close, and I really wanted to meet Jim.
Long story short. Went to the address on his website, pulled into the entrance/driveway and stopped. I asked Vic if we should go ahead in. That Vicki, she is smart, she said "would you want someone to stop at are house" I never said a word, just drove in.

Scott, Jim has a beautiful place, hope you can make it there one day.

Bill
I'll start pumping some iron... and he promised me a steak!!

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 10-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #1745
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
You must have been peaking!?

I won't tell if you don't
Unread 10-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #1746
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

new avitar I see
Unread 10-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #1747
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Yeah... couldn't stand it. I mean, it IS a 5 build, and I had a picture of a 7 with a beautiful woman! Go figure...

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 10-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #1748
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

Quick go get her to pose on the 5 then all is right in the world
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:41 AM   #1749
mrmrezg
1982 CJ5 

that's looking good.
mrmrezg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #1750
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Scott the body looks to be lining up very good. The grill and fenders look a little too high to me but the tub itself looks to be right on the money so there's really now way to get the other stuff lower. Before you put the final screw down to it all I'd roll it outside and take pictures from the sides ar different angles. Post them on here too. I lost track of how many times I've seen things in my own pictures on the thread that I missed when I actually took the picture. I sure like the looks of it though!!!

I'm sure glad Bill and Vicki stopped. I'd have been disappointed if they'd have backed out and not came to the house. They almost caught me in my Sunday afternoon nap!! Wish they could have stayed longer though. One thing we can all be thankful for too is that we've got some real nice people on this forum and I for one am always glad to meet them.

Someday I may show up at your house. Have plenty of food on hand too.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #1751
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Looking great man. I took the cat out of the tire and it still thumps. I may have to pay for this one. Clay must be all smiles. Hope you guys had a great weekend. BTW- No schools in FL are in the top 25, but both SC scools are....tee hee. Talk to you later, again, nice looking rig.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #1752
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

PS- my fenders and grill will require some tweaking during the re-assembly. I have a 3/4 inch gap between the hood and the pass. fender, and it is tight on the other side. I think the grill and fenders are whacked but the hood is good. I am not sweating it now, but when the time comes you will get the distress call. Later dude.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #1753
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdogtoy View Post
Quick go get her to pose on the 5 then all is right in the world
She's called "first dibs" on driving it when done! I'll get a pic then. No way was I going to wake her up last night. She sleeps with a gun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmrezg View Post
that's looking good.
Thank you, Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Scott the body looks to be lining up very good. The grill and fenders look a little too high to me but the tub itself looks to be right on the money so there's really now way to get the other stuff lower. Before you put the final screw down to it all I'd roll it outside and take pictures from the sides ar different angles. Post them on here too. I lost track of how many times I've seen things in my own pictures on the thread that I missed when I actually took the picture. I sure like the looks of it though!!!

I'm sure glad Bill and Vicki stopped. I'd have been disappointed if they'd have backed out and not came to the house. They almost caught me in my Sunday afternoon nap!! Wish they could have stayed longer though. One thing we can all be thankful for too is that we've got some real nice people on this forum and I for one am always glad to meet them.

Someday I may show up at your house. Have plenty of food on hand too.
I agree the fenders and hood seem high. But that's the only way to get the mating between the fenders and the hood. I hate that big gap at the grill mounting point. Hopefully it will be hidden when we add the winch.

I talked with Bill last night. He and his wife had a great time visiting with you and yours. Bill said your place is beautiful, your shop is awesome, your shooting bench was something to envy, and that you look sexy in bibbs!! With a pocket knife clipped in your chest pocket... growl!! You made his day! He also told me that he is pleased to learn that he isn't the shortest old fart anymore!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7 View Post
Looking great man. I took the cat out of the tire and it still thumps. I may have to pay for this one. Clay must be all smiles. Hope you guys had a great weekend. BTW- No schools in FL are in the top 25, but both SC scools are....tee hee. Talk to you later, again, nice looking rig.
Meh... we laid out this year to give the rest of the nation a chance!

Sorry the cat didn't solve it for you. Did you remember to get your MIL out of the trunk?? You're for sure gonna pay for that one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7 View Post
PS- my fenders and grill will require some tweaking during the re-assembly. I have a 3/4 inch gap between the hood and the pass. fender, and it is tight on the other side. I think the grill and fenders are whacked but the hood is good. I am not sweating it now, but when the time comes you will get the distress call. Later dude.
If the curvature of the hood is even to the curvature of the cowl, then it is probably the fenders. I've seen some threads where the fenders sag and create an uneven gap. I think that's pretty common. Unless you are building like Keith, or a couple other guys, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Nobody is ever going to notice it. But I can take measurements for you from my 7 when the time comes, if you like.

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #1754
jakeryii
1967 CJ5 

man this thing is just awesome cant wait to see it up and movin about on its own power
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #1755
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
The hood hinge pics show what I did for hood adjustment. Of course, I ruined my hinges! I cut square slots in them so I could move the hood around. I can't stand the washers... anybody got some hinges you would part with?
Looks like you are making some good progress.

On the hinges, can't you just weld the holes shut, grind it flat and re-drill them?
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.