Clay's Build Thread - Page 115 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 10-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #1711
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Besides being an absolutely beautiful day, I got a few things done! I laid out of church since I am nursing a cold, but I can't stand to sit around, especially when I have a lot to do. So my 10 YO, Cameron, helped me put my tranny crossmember back in place. He started all the bolts and tightened them down with the ratchet. I went behind him and torqued them. Then, we changed the oil in my truck, cleaned the battery terminals, air filter, and other maintenance work. Then, when Clay got home from church, we went back to the Jeep, and we got the tranny bolted back down. Then Clay and Jake helped set the tub back on. I still haven't found the missing bushing, but we will!! Interestingly, ALL of the bushings make good contact at each block that was glassed to the tub! That was supposed to happen that way... but, you know, the reason I am so good at everything is because I do everything TWICE!! This worked out well.

God sure made the sky CLEAR BLUE today!

Cameron working on skid.
Pic of my homemade tranny lowering spacer (1" square tubing).
Angle of driveline.
Setting the tub back on.

I don't know how much body lift I ended up with??

img_5337_1.jpg   img_5339_1.jpg   img_5342_1.jpg   img_5352_1.jpg  

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #1712
mrmrezg
1982 CJ5 

I am officially digging Clay's socks and flip flop footwear.
mrmrezg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #1713
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Scott, on the amount of body lift. On my 5, there is approximately 0.500" between the bottom of the tub, and the rear crossmember. I would say any measurement over that, plus or minus a little bit (because of the glass tub), is about the body lift.
When Clays grill is on, you can compare it to your 7.

BTW, the chips I bought for you guys, well I couldn't help myself, there gone.
On a slight hijack, bought another 7 Saturday. MRS. Lucdog was not very excited, to say the least.
It a 78, 304, 66,704 miles. It still has the factory owners manual, and the Jeep AM push button radio.
Have a great week, my friend. Bill
forumrunner_20111002_202244.jpg   forumrunner_20111002_202343.jpg   forumrunner_20111002_202453.jpg  
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #1714
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Hey dude. Just caught upon the last week or so. I am slighly jealous of the help you have on the rig, and totally jealous of the venison. Hope the cold gets better. Jeep looks good. We are under a frost warning tonight! I have a fire kickin' and the family is all tucked in. Talk to you soon.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #1715
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmrezg View Post
I am officially digging Clay's socks and flip flop footwear.
In my lifetime, you would not have caught me with flipflops and socks! It was so uncool! Clay doesn't care... times is a-changin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
Scott, on the amount of body lift. On my 5, there is approximately 0.500" between the bottom of the tub, and the rear crossmember. I would say any measurement over that, plus or minus a little bit (because of the glass tub), is about the body lift.
When Clays grill is on, you can compare it to your 7.

BTW, the chips I bought for you guys, well I couldn't help myself, there gone.
On a slight hijack, bought another 7 Saturday. MRS. Lucdog was not very excited, to say the least.
It a 78, 304, 66,704 miles. It still has the factory owners manual, and the Jeep AM push button radio.
Have a great week, my friend. Bill
I need to get a REAL job! Then I could buy another Jeep. Like I need one! Glad MRS. lucdog didn't cause a need for EMS to arrive at your house!

Don't worry about the chips... I consumed your pepper sauce!!

If you are a 1/2" from the bottom of the tub at the rear crossmember, then that means I only added 1.5" of BL, since I used a 2X4 block. But there is a HUGE amount of clearance between the top of the tire and the fender. I MUST have more than that. I have 33s on here now. I'm hoping that flares will hide some of the gap. The PO wore away the fender with the tires. I think that it's strange that I have more body height now than when I got it. The PO had giant homemade shackles on this thing, and the tires wore out everything! I put a 2 1/2" suspension lift on it and these "body blocks" and now I have to get a running start to jump into it! It wasn't my intention to raise the body. I just wanted solid mounting points.
img_5358_1.jpg  

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 10-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #1716
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7 View Post
Hey dude. Just caught upon the last week or so. I am slighly jealous of the help you have on the rig, and totally jealous of the venison. Hope the cold gets better. Jeep looks good. We are under a frost warning tonight! I have a fire kickin' and the family is all tucked in. Talk to you soon.
Hey Dude- supposed to get down to 47 tonight! Brrrrr... should get all the little deeries and piggies running around!

Wifey wanted girls. That would have been great. We ended up with 4 boys. I like that too!!

Unread 10-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #1717
mrmrezg
1982 CJ5 

Scott, i am not a fan of BLs. i think they make a vehicle look like doo doo. However, i am liking the way this 5 is looking.
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #1718
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Scott, I think it's cool that Clay doesn't give a rip about going with the flow of the crowd...shows he marches to the beat of a different drummer.

Now, if those socks were black, then I'd be worried.

The tub is looking really good. Keep up the good work!

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #1719
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmrezg View Post
Scott, i am not a fan of BLs. i think they make a vehicle look like doo doo. However, i am liking the way this 5 is looking.
I will accept that as a supreme compliment! and Thanks! Does that mean I don't have to paint it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLynes View Post
Scott, I think it's cool that Clay doesn't give a rip about going with the flow of the crowd...shows he marches to the beat of a different drummer.

Now, if those socks were black, then I'd be worried.

The tub is looking really good. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Fred. Clay is definitely an "Against the Flow" kind of guy!

Unread 10-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #1720
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

So when's the paint going on Scott? What color?

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #1721
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
So when's the paint going on Scott? What color?
Probably your color, Jim. Beth and I were talking about that this afternoon. She said if I was willing to do a GREAT prep job, then she wanted blue!!

Unread 10-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #1722
1983 CJ7 

Jump Scott jump...crabs are worse than chiggers!!!

Unread 10-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #1723
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

^^^^^^^^ Good one Dave.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #1724
mrmrezg
1982 CJ5 

I say just clear coat it like it is. Lol
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #1725
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Jump Scott jump...crabs are worse than chiggers!!!

WHERE DO YOU GET THIS STUFF?!?!?!?!

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.