Clay's Build Thread - Page 113 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Clay's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #1681
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7 View Post
Chris is first name- Vandy part of last name- I answer to much worse. Being back in college is wicked to the ever so important JEEP TIMELINE!! But I am graduating (started in 1998) in May. I told my wife that whatever I am doing I get a month off as a graduation present to myself to finish (HaHa) the CJ. However she forgot that April is turkey season......Bwahahahahahaahhah!
'98?? Wow... so what is your Doctorate?

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #1682
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
'98?? Wow... so what is your Doctorate?
PhD in learning things the hard way but self motivating and getting the @&^%# 'n job done no matter what.

BA in History with a minor in Geography - going to grad school for advanced degrees in Geography. Want to write books and teach at university.

It is NEVER too late.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #1683
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

I got the stripped frame nuts repaired today. I made a separate thread to demonstrate how I did it. I should get the crossmember back on and the tub mocked up tonight. Mannnnn... I hope so! Here is the link for the captured nut repair...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ca.../#post12203978

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 09-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #1684
1983 CJ7 

Great job on the frame repair Scott. Has it cooled down a little in FL?

It feels good outside this morning, probably will get back into the 90's today but better than the 100+ last month.
Unread 09-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #1685
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Nice shootin on the deer the other day Scott.

Somehow I mananged to miss that post. Must be my old age.
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #1686
1983 CJ7 

What DEER!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #1687
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Yeah, did I miss something??
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #1688
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Great job on the frame repair Scott. Has it cooled down a little in FL?

It feels good outside this morning, probably will get back into the 90's today but better than the 100+ last month.
Thanks, Dave. It HAS been very nice here, until 3 or 4 days ago. Heat and humidity are back up, and you sewat like a pig in the stand! Should be cooling down here in 2 or 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Nice shootin on the deer the other day Scott.

Somehow I mananged to miss that post. Must be my old age.
Jim- you just turned 50, but I think you passed me in the "I lost my mind" category!!

Quote:
What DEER!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7 View Post
Yeah, did I miss something??
Reagarding deer... I went to the creek and climberd my tree (last Monday evening). Saw 4, and possibly 5, decent bucks, but they went the "other" way. Then a yearling came by, and then Big Bertha! I shoot a Hoyt Trykon at 70# with Easton carbon arrows. The shot was maybe 10 yards. Got her with a good shot. Climbed down and got three of my boys, and we went trailing. Took and hour and half, in the dark, to locate her. Thanks to my sons, and their youthful eyes, they were successful. But they are all a bunch of Kerrdogs, afterall! I ended up with Red Bugs (chiggers) from my ankles to my armpits, and ALL points between. My Roommate counted 63 bites on my "cheeks" alone!! I have been clawing myself apart. She wiped me down with Ammonia (I cannot describe the intensity of the fire), then Caladryl. Googled the little beggars to see what I could do. Learned something NEW!

Regarding Jeeps.... THIS afternoon, after church, I went to work on Clay's rig. You all know I had replaced a couple of nuts for the tranny Xmember. I had welded them in, but Jim brought up the valid point of making sure you have good welds. So I asked Clay to reweld them and make sure it was done properly. So he did that Saturday. My new schedule has me working Saturdays... so he did it unsupervised!!!! When I got home Saturday evening he told me he had checked it out, worked on it, did this, did that, and that I should take it to AJ. WHAAAAAT!!

That brings us to TODAY! I had a bad case of MoC's Disease!! I wanted to kick something! I was laying on my creeper, looking at what Clay had done. He ground off my paint (which I expected), but he popped out BOTH of the nuts I had welded in!! I had two gaping holes. He put in two MORE nuts and welded them with my MIG. It's only 105 A. Why didn't he use the Miller stick? I ended up popping out HIS two nuts (no pun intended!), because they twisted out of the frame when I tightened a bolt down into them. C-O-U-L-D N-O-T believe it. So I started over this evening. Welded in two new nuts with the 6013 rods overhead. Blew two holes through the frame. ...fudge... Finally got it done. Welds are good. Holes are patched. Life goes on. Went to my stand. Wanted to kill something. All I saw was another yearling. Try again in the morning...

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 09-26-2011, 05:16 AM   #1689
1983 CJ7 

I see more positive than negative in your last post...

A son that welds great and works when you are gone...

A place to hunt within walking distance of your house...

A herd of sons who can track your deer in the dark...

A wife who will give you a sponge bath when you roll in the chiggers
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #1690
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

I'm with Dave Scott. After all how many of us can say we got a rub down from our wives with amonia!! Man you live the life.

I had to laugh when you said that Clay told you to take it to A.J.
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:21 AM   #1691
1983 CJ7 

I was not going to rub salt in the chigger bites Jim, but I see you stepped up to the plate
Unread 09-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #1692
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
I was not going to rub salt in the chigger bites Jim, but I see you stepped up to the plate
Unread 09-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #1693
1983 CJ7 

This is fun when the old man is not around to defend himself
Unread 09-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #1694
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
I see more positive than negative in your last post...

A son that welds great and works when you are gone...

A place to hunt within walking distance of your house...

A herd of sons who can track your deer in the dark...

A wife who will give you a sponge bath when you roll in the chiggers
WOW! You're right. I am humbled. Thanks, Dave.

And I thought you guys would get a kick out of the chiggers!

Went to the creek this morning. How I love to see the morning erupt in the woods! There is no better time in the day than early. Heard a couple coyotes hollerin', but I saw nothing. It rained yesterday afternoon, and the mosquitoes were unbelievable. My Thermacell gave up and went home!

On top of that, I feel a cold coming on.

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #1695
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
WOW! You're right. I am humbled. Thanks, Dave.

And I thought you guys would get a kick out of the chiggers!

Went to the creek this morning. How I love to see the morning erupt in the woods! There is no better time in the day than early. Heard a couple coyotes hollerin', but I saw nothing. It rained yesterday afternoon, and the mosquitoes were unbelievable. My Thermacell gave up and went home!

On top of that, I feel a cold coming on.

I think your plying for 'nother sponge bath...you o'l dirty dog

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.