post #5461 of 5466 Old 03-31-2017, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Skerr
1985 CJ7 

HEY, HEY, HEY! Check diz owt...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/p...3-j10-4034913/

Wutchutink?

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5462 of 5466 Old 04-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Yikes! Poor J-truck!

For the plug wires on the distributor, squeeze the boot out of round to let the air out as you push them on. That's probably why you are having problems getting them on - the dielectric grease doesn't let the air out, so they pop off.

Rick

1978 CJ5 5.0HO/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass body, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5463 of 5466 Old 05-17-2017, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Skerr
1985 CJ7 

We've been having all sorts of fun at the Kerr house, lately. Seems like I never get any rest! Here is the latest installment of "As the Kerr World Turns"...

Clay finished this semester at UF with a 3.8. Me'n Mom are proud of him. He has been working for a professor, who owns his own engineering company, doing something called acoustics, which sounds difficult when he describes it. Now he is done for the summer and back up in New York with Bechtel. This is his second summer internship, and they "talk" like they want him to stay on. Clay doesn't think he wants to live so far away, and I know I don't want him to, but Bechtel seems to treat him very well. He will make a decision over the next couple of months.

Clay was placed in temporary housing for a few days, as his rental was not yet ready. He said it is an old, dilapidated house, and he was disappointed in its condition. Clay said the first night he was there he heard loud clanging, like metal being whacked together, continuously, and also like something was crawling through the duct work. He got completely creeped out! He said he got out his bible and prayed aloud, and the noises stopped! The next morning, while he was unloading some items from the car, a lady who was walking her dog asked him what had happened to the old man that lived there. She said he was old, strange, and creepy, and he lived alone! Clay had no idea, but it got his imagination going!

Man I hate to see Clay go.

My oldest son, Jake, bought a house down in Ft. Pierce. He is working for Tropicana. He just purchased a 2014 SRT8 Challenger. I'm sooo jealous!

I gotta find some better work!

This past weekend my wife held her FFA awards banquet, honoring her students. It's usually a stiff and formal affair, but this time it was at a state Park (Suwannee State Park). Beautiful place, maybe 15 miles from the house. It rained like a banshee the first half, but then it cleared and it was a great afternoon. Here are a few pics...
Attached Images

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!

post #5464 of 5466 Old 05-17-2017, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Skerr
1985 CJ7 

Here is a fun pic. I tried climbing up onto a small pile of pecan I was splitting, and I broke the Jeep! I bent the adjusting collar on the drag link. I was pretty disgusted. Clay made the sign in the windshield.
Attached Images

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

post #5465 of 5466 Old 05-17-2017, 08:40 PM
Dadamsnv
1977 CJ5 

Man that sucks! I'm i'll have to make you a drag link like I've got now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking for a Scout II Dana 300. Drop me a line if you have any leads. Thanks
post #5466 of 5466 Old 05-18-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Skerr
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
Man that sucks! I'm i'll have to make you a drag link like I've got now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought I built a moderately tough Jeep. Kudos to the guys that really bash 'em every day!

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

Tags
1979 , cj5 , fiberglass , rollcage , tailgate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.