Clay started his new job yesterday, had a GREAT day, worked on several machines, shadowed the owner, bent steel, sheered steel, welded steel, stacked steel, deburred steel, fabbed steel, came home black as a..., well just black! Great day for him. He was very tired and smiling!
Today, I am working in his stead. Looking back a few days ago, when Clay was attempting to mount up his clutch set and flywheel, he broke off a bolt in the flywheel. Leave it to rookie teenage youthful hardheadedness, and maybe throw in some ignorance and the "I know what I'm doing" attitude! So the Old Man fixed his flywheel. I have to admit that I was comforted by the wise and knowing words of Jim Crabtree, whom I spoke with at length. With confidence, I threw the brand-spanking new flywheel up on the table, eye-balled the center-punch, transferred it to the drillpress, flipped it over and drilled from the back, and the bolt unscrewed itself! HALELEUAH!!! Thank you, Jesus! And Jim!
With so much success starting off my day, I decided to change out the rear freeze plugs in the 4.0. One of them had been done, so I thought maybe the others OUGHT to be done. Since these are in the back of the engine, and would be a moderate PITA to change after installation of the ripping 4.0, discretion teased me into making the improvement. So, without further ado... tap one edge of the freeze plug into the block, popping out the opposite edge, and pull it out with pliers. Easy. Schmeezy.
The two "bad" plugs I removed. They aren't so bad afterall. Could have left them there. Might have been the smart thing to do.
Since I bought the WRONG SIZE. Freakin' moron...
More to come, but I have to ride Lizzie back to town to see if I can come up with another freeze plug.