Year of CJ: 1983 CJ5

Engine: recently swapped Chevy 305

Transmission: T-176

Transfer Case: Dana 300

Front Axle: NT D30 w/3.54 gears, 1.5" spacers

Rear Axle: NT AMC20 w/3.54 gears, 1.5" spacers, Lockrite

Suspension: stock

Tires: 31" Super Swamper TSL's

Additional Mods: CB w/custom mount, custom made front & rear bumpers, custom made rock sliders, custom made rear tool box, CD player & speakers, and a light bar and custom decals that all came from the dealership.

other pics: http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/jandkcarlson4/Jeepin pics/
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/jandkcarlson4/engine swap/

See less See more
#52 ·
CJ of the Month for April 2013!!

Congrats to SCJeepr!! :cheers2:

It has been a long time since I submitted so I figured what the hey!

Specs

Year of CJ - 1982 CJ8 Scrambler SR

Engine - 258 w/ TBI

Transmission - T4 Speed

Transfer Case - Dana 300

Front Axle - Dana 44

Rear Axle - Dana 44

Suspension - 4" Springs with front reversal and 2" shackles

Tires - 35x12.5-15 Procomp Xterrains on American Racing Bajas

Additional Mods - Where to start.....PSE Steering Box, Custom Rockers, 6" Xenon Flares, Lined Interior, Mastercraft Seats, Stereo w/ indash and 6x9 for the rear, custom rear bumper with swing and high light jack mount, full hard top, half hard top w/ bulk head, full soft top, half soft top, rear levis seat, half steel doors with TJ uppers, Full Steel doors, original CJ 2 Piece soft doors, Original 1 piece soft door customized and recovered for use with hard tops as well as soft tops, custom striping to fit the flares and more that I just can't think of right now I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Winter Mode

Summer Mode

#53 ·
CJ of the Month for May 2013

Congrats cj7ole!!:thumbsup:

Year of CJ: 1984

Engine: '07 5.3 Chevy drive by wire, Flex Fuel

Transmission: 4L60e rebuilt to 4L70e internals

Front Axle: Stock w/Warn Hubs

Rear Axle: AMC 20 w/Detroit Locker and Moser solid axles 4.10 gears

Suspension: 2.5" SkyJacker

Tires: 33"x12.5"-15 Hercules Trail Diggers on American Racing AR23's

Additional Mods: 2 piece Tom Woods front driveshaft, rear Tom Woods driveshaft, 1" body lift, fiberglass body, hood and fenders, Magnaflow open muffler, K&N air filter, Carter P5000 fuel pump, Corvette C6 exhaust manifolds, custom Griffin radiator, Wayne Hartwig (150tunes.com) chip tune and wire harness rebuild, House of Kolor Tangelo Pearl done in my garage, custom rear tire/kayak carrier, 6,000 pound Ramsey winch, Borgeson steering shaft, aluminum dash, Wet Okole Hawaii neoprene seat covers, Body Armor front bumper w/custom Tangelo D-rings, rear receiver hitch w/custom Tangelo D-ring, TANGELO license plate, Stewart Warner mechanical oil and temperature gauge and SW gas gauge, ScanGauge II, bikini top, Bestop full top, Olympic front light bar to support Thule kayak pads, Carr aluminum "Mama" step, POL Raptor bedliner, Optima Yellow Top battery. No radio, no A/C.

History: My son, Jason (Big Jake to his ironworker friends) bought it in 1990 while in high school. With mostly my money and wrenching together we did somewhat of a frame up restoration adding a Chevy 4.3 with a Howell Engineering harness, advance adaptors engine mounts and bell housing, fiberglass tub, fenders and hood, painted it Purple Passion, raised it 3.5" yadda, yadda. In 1996 he won the winch at the Cadillac MI Jeep Jamboree. Since then, we mostly take it out on nice days, ride the 2 tracks up north and use it at the Silver Lake Dunes. I tow it to FL in the winter behind my 33' Winnebago to use to get around down there for 2 months. Added a kayak rack and did a full paint job in 2009, HOK Tangelo Pearl with the black POL Raptor bedliner interior. In 2011 we installed a 5.3 out of an '07 Tahoe with the 4L60e tranny, mated to the original Dana 300. Pulled a noobie who didn't know the difference between the clutch and brake pedal on stuck Ford PU off the top of Test Dune at Silver Lake in 2011, he smashed into our SS bumper, thus the new Body Armor front bumper.

#54 ·
CJ of the Month for June 2013

Congrats Tweeter00801!!:thumbsup:

Specs; CJ7

Year of CJ: 1978

Engine: Original AMC 304

Transmission: Stock T-150

Transfer Case: Stock Spicer 20

Front Axle: AMC 20

Rear Axle: AMC 20

Suspension: 4 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift

Tires: 33x15.5 Interco Superswampers

Additional Mods: 304 Stainless Steel Dash Panel, Windshield Motor Cover, and Windshield brackets. Rhino lined interior and underside of the tub. Non-Standard silver Jeep and Renegade Stickers. Custom heavy duty front and rear bumpers.

[/quote

#56 ·
CJ of the Month for August 2013!!

Congrats to Manhattan!! :thumbsup:

1981 CJ8
5.7 TPI, First Fuel Injection, All Brackets Powder Coated By Smoking Gun
W.O. Tub, Rotisserie Painted in Single-Stage, No-Metal Custom Mix
SM465
Twin-Stick Dana 300
Dana 30, 4.56 Gears, Detroit Locker, Warn Axles
Model 20, 4.56 Gears, Detroit Locker, Moser Axles
R.E. 4.5", Braided Lines, M.O.R.E. Shackles, 1" BL
35" BFG MTs on Chrome Wagons

Additional Mods: Double-D Dash with AutoMeter Guages, Family Cage with Rear Seat 3-Point Belts - Tied to Frame, Rock Rails and Rear Bumper; U-Shaped Rear Bumper; Integrated Bed Rock Rails; Rock Rails Tied to Frame and Cage

#57 ·
CJ of the Month for September 2013

Congrats mtndew1!!:cheers2:

Here is my 1976 CJ7:

Specs:

Engine: AMC 304 - stock rebuild with mild cam (comp)

Transmission: Hughes Performance AMC TH400

Transfer Case: Dana 300 (4:1) & Twin Stick

Front Axle: Dana 30 - 4.56 & ARB

Rear Axle: Front HP Dana 44 with rear outer tubes and reverse cut gears - 4.56 & ARB

Suspension: Rubicon Express 4.5 spring under

Tires: 35x12.5 KM2's on Single Beadlocks

Additional Mods:
Custom Paint by me (never again)
Custom Cage by Hunter Off-road 100% DOM and tied to frame @ A and B
Custom Roof by Hunter Off-road
Custom Tire carrier by Hunter Off-road with full front spindle, hub, disc spare parts built in.
Custom Center Billet Console
Custom Dash by Double D Fab
Genright Aluminum Highline CJ Fenders with YJ non Highline aluminum inner fender wells.
Genright Rocker Guards
Master Craft Seats with RCI Harness
Rebuilt Warn 8274
Rigid Industries 50", 20" and 10" SR Series LED Bars
Vanco Hydroboost

Click for big Images:

#58 ·
CJ of the Month for October 2013

Congrats bradleybrb!!:thumbsup:

Hope I am doing this right.....here goes nothing!

Specs

Year of CJ - 1975

Engine - 304

Transmission - T14

Transfer Case - dana 20

Front Axle - dana 30 3:73 gear

Rear Axle - dana 44 3:73 gear with track loc

Suspension - factory springs re-arched to have aprox. 2-3" lift

Tires - 33x12.5 Kelly Safari

Additional Mods - pretty much stock except for, split duration 256/263 Bullet cam, Edelbrock preformer intake, Edelbrock carb, headers, Black Rock Viper wheels, bedliner spray inside and underneath by me, factory apple green paint by me (basecoat/clearcoat), Equis gauges except for speedometer assembly which I also had white faced to match, Centerforce 2 clutch, seats and dash pad custom re-covered by my aunt

#59 ·
CJ of the Month for November 2013!

Congrats Krum81!!:thumbsup:

Specs

Year of CJ 1975

Engine AMC 360

Transmission T18

Transfer Case DANA 20

Front Axle 4.27 WAGONEER D44 W/DISC

Rear Axle 4.27 ORIGINAL D44 W/POWERLOCK

Suspension ROUGH COUNTRY 4" WITH 1/2 SHACKLES

Tires BFG 35.12.50 X 15

Additional Mods TBI INJECTION MOTOR, HECULINER TUB , REAR SEAT IS SPEAKER BOX W 10" SUB,FRONT BUCKET SEATS, POWER STEERING,TILT STEERING, POWER BRAKES, LED TAIL LIGHTS, FACTOR STEEL HARDTOP WITH GLASS WINDOWS ALL TINTED BUT FRONT WINDOW.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

#60 ·
CJ of the Month for December 2013

Congrats G-FOURce!!!:thumbsup:

Why not, right?!

Year of CJ...1986

Engine...258 i-6

Transmission...T5

Transfer Case...Dana 300

Front Axle...Dana 30

Rear Axle...AMC 20

Tires...BFG 31/10.5/15

#61 ·
CJ of the Month for February 2014!!

Congrats to 78FordF150!!:cheers2:

Specs

Year of CJ 1983

Engine AMC 360 with Edelbrock intake and Carb. DUI distributor, Headman
inside the frame headers, Flow Master mufflers.

Transmission NP435 Granny 4 speed with Novak adaptor

Transfer Case Dana 300

Front Axle D30, 4.56 gears

Rear Axle Model 20, 4.56 gears and Yukon one piece axles

Suspension 6in BDS

Tires 35in BFG KM2

Additional Mods: 30 year old original paint and graphics. Never been wrecked and no rust. Warn winch, Besrk front bumper, Warn rear bumper, rhino lined interior, Tuffy console, Bestop seats, Stainless dash and Auto Meter gauges

#62 ·
CJ of the Month for April 2014

Congrats to 0lllllll0 !!:thumbsup:

Specs Year of CJ = Titled as a 1978

Engine = 258, 2 outlet Header, MC2100, HEI, Custom 2 into one Magnaflow Exhaust

Transmission = TH400 with Transdapt shift kit and Hurst slap stick shifter

Transfer Case = Dana 20 with Modified JB Fab Twin Stick

Front Axle= Narrowed Dana 44 from 79 Wagoneer, 4:88 Detroit, 79 Ford 1/2 ton 5 x 5.5 Outers, 1 ton TRE Steering, Warn Premium Lock outs

Rear Axle= Dana 44 from 86 CJ-7, TSM Disk brakes, 4:88 full Spool, Solid Cover

Suspension= Front 5" YJ Springs (BDS # 004500), Crabtree Tool & Die front Spring conversion hangers, Stock YJ shackles, Dynatrac U-bolt flip kit, Doetsch Shocks, JKS SBD's Rear 5" YJ Springs (BDS # 004500), Custom spring hanger with large YJ bushing, Custom U-bolt Flip (from Chevy Truck), Doetsch shocks

Tires = 36 x 14.50 x 15 TSL Radial Swampers ( SAM - 47R ) on 5 x 5.5 x 10 x 15" alum. Mods

Additional Mods =C&C Custom Tig welded tube fenders and flares, Poison Spyder rocker knockers & rear qtr armor, Nate's Bumpers and tire carrier with high lift and gas can provisions, Smittybilt xrc8 winch with rope and alum. fairlead, Amped Cobra CB, Chevy truck blower motor, Rampage Seats, Late model YJ Roll Bar w/multiple grab handles, Custom 3 point seat belts with ALR's for all 4 Seating positions, Fire extinguisher, Rampage Trail Can Utility Tool Box, Custom license plate mount w/light in center of spare tire, Trans cooler, custom high vent tubes, modified stock air cleaner to fit MC2100 for stock appearance, Bluetooth Stereo, hard plumbed vacuum gauge, Tach, Montana 650 GPS, GoPro, interior oscillating fan, bright interior overhead lighting, front and rear H/O lights, 12v Hot/Cold center console, modified wiper arms to accept YJ blades. I purchased this jeep and another CJ7 with a nice fiberglass tub at a Garage sale in my Sub, I sold the FG Tub for what I paid for them both and built Blackfoot over the next 3 year period...

Before

After

#63 ·
CJ of the Month for May 2014!!

Congrats to TrebleHook!! :thumbsup:

1983 CJ8 Scrambler
258/MOPAR Fuel Injection (CA emissions certified)
T-5
Dana 300
Dana 30 Front - 4:10 Locked ARB
Dana 44 (86 CJ) - 4:10 Locked ARB
4" BDS CJ lift with Fox Shocks
33x10.5/15R BFG KM2 Mud Terrain on Mickey Thompson Classic III.
PSC Steering Box/HD Bracket/Borgeson Steering Shaft
HD Tie-rod kit.
Full Custom Cage
2nd & 3rd Row flip-n-fold seats
GPFAB Front and Rear Bumpers
Restored/Rebuilt Warn 8274 winch

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/atta...onth-submissions-scrambler-drop-off-chaos.jpg

#64 ·
CJ of the Month for June 2014

Congrats to Dusty_CJ7!!

Jeep CJ7
Year: 1979
AMC 401 (with goodies)
TH400 Trans
QuardaTrac with Part-time kit
Front: D30, Detroit, 4.56
Rear: AMC20, Detroit, 4.56, chromo axles
Rubicon Express 4.5 kit custom HD chromo steering
35x12.50 Bigfoots
Custom Rollcage, Mastercraft seats, etc.

There's a history to this beauty, and it truly is a dream vehicle of mine. Not to mention is hauls all sorts of a$$!

#65 ·
CJ of the Month for July 2014

Congrats to Tollster!! :thumbsup:

Specs: CJ-5, 41K Original

Year of CJ: 1980, 2nd owner of 25 years

Engine: 258

Transmission: T-176

Front Axle: Dana 30

Rear Axle: AMC 20

Suspension: Rancho 2.5, Currie +1.0" Shackles, pinion rolled 2.5°, RS9000 shocks

Tires: BF Goodrich 30.5" AT

Additional Mods:
Weber 38 DGES, Clifford intake and header, Currie twin sticks, Warn Premium lock outs, Tuffy glove and rear speaker boxes, MT/Alcoa Forged 10 X 15 ***(Looking for the same above for spare rim..PM me), Rugged Ridge rear bumper, swing away, and hitch, Hella 500 series fogs, Kenwood KDC BT858U, Sirrus, Jenson 6 x 9 tri axles, rear amp, alpine 4.5 up front, Custom canvas, Optima Yellow top, OEM Paint and window sticker, no restoration.

#66 ·
CJ of the Month for August 2014

Congrats to Offroaddaddy!! :thumbsup:

Thanks all for the opportunity to share.

Year of CJ: 1986 Jeep CJ7

Engine: AMC 401, dyno'd 410hp, 470tq

Transmission: Ford T18a

Transfer Case: Atlas II 5.0

Front Axle: Currie Rockjock Dana 60, 35" spline chromoly RCV shafts, Yukon air locker, Yukon chromoly hubs/lockouts. "Solid 60" outer knuckles. Hi-steering, hydraulic assist steering. Willwood discs/calipers.

Rear Axle: Currie Rockjock Dana 60, 35" chromoly shafts, Yukon air locker. Disc brake conversion.

Suspension: Rubicon Express reverse eye SOA 1.5" springs

Tires: 42" Pitbull Rockers biasply. 16" Stazwork doublebead locks, with power valves.

Additional Mods: Flexalite aluminum rad and 3000cfm thermo controlled electric fan. LED headlights, KC HID Floodlights. PSC steering box and hydraulic assisted steering. Metalcloak front bumper/stinger, rock rails, front/rear fenders. Genright aluminum gas tank + steel skid. Genright aluminum rear tire carrier. Warn 8274-50 winch w/wireless control. Stainless steel brake lines front to back. Hydro-boost brakes. Holley Truck Avenger 770 cfm carb, with edelbrock airgap intake manifold. OBA.
Rancho 9000 remote reservoir adjustable shocks. Hedman Elite ceramic coated headers.

Click for sound, its a windows media file:

#67 ·
CJ of the Month for October 2014

Congrats to vsanzbajo!!:thumbsup:

Specs: Jeep CJ 7 Laredo

Year of CJ: 1986

Engine: 4.2 L 6 CYL Mopar FI

Transmission: 5 Speed Manual T5

Front Axle: Dana 30

Rear Axle: Dana 44

Suspension: Rancho RS 5000 with 3 inch Lift

Tires: 33s All Terrain

Additional Mods: Mopar FI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.