CJs are for men wranglers for women u decide - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJs are for men wranglers for women u decide

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 09-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #16
Noplainsdrifter
1974 CJ5 

I do agree that Wranglers are girly, but, when I see a a cute girl driving a CJ, I think that's HOT!

Unread 09-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #17
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashunitjeep View Post
so im taking a vote who agrees cjs are for men and wranglers are for women
fyi late 80s+ cj7s count as wranglers u decide
TROLL.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #18
ninjakid
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82
Kind of a confused, meaningless question. Everybody knows, or should, that if it wasn't produced between 1941 and 1986 that it's not even a Jeep. It's a fact that beyond that it's a Chrysler produced vehicle of similar shape, and which some leftover parts were still used on till the supply ran out in the late 80's. Today's Chrysler product has more in common with a Hummer then it does with an actual Jeep.
Now I'm not trying to take away from these Chrysler Wrangler fans, I'm just being honest and stating reality. All the reasons we Love Jeeps, and the features that gave them iconic status in history, are gone.

JEEP, something Chrysler never understood!
My 87 yj was produced in 86. ;p
Everything has AMC labels.
Even my transfer case tag says NP231AMC.
Not a single crystler logo on my jeep! ;p
That being said I still want a cj especially since when I was a kid my dad had a 86 cj that he took us everywhere in.
However I had bought my jeep a year ago and the budget of a 17 year old isn't the biggest and I needed something that was in okay'ish shape on mine.
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #19
jcalhoon84
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Joe
Men drive what they want (even minivans), and don't care what anyone else thinks.

Enjoy!
Agreed a time and a place!
jcalhoon84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #20
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

men like CJ because the cj5 is so short they can prop their beer belly in the steering wheel
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #21
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I have a '79 CJ5 and an 85 CJ7. I WILL be driving the 7 because it is easier to get in and out of. I don't call that feminine, I call that wisdom... something some people lack! If you have questions about the confidence I have in my masculinity, come on over. Leave the BF at home, and I'll 'splain it to you! I am also capable of using punctuation in my sentences, so people don't have to figure out what I am saying.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #22
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
I am also capable of using punctuation in my sentences, so people don't have to figure out what I am saying.
THIS! I didn't even want to dignify this post with a response, but it is posts like this that keep me coming back.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #23
ninjakid
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
I am also capable of using punctuation in my sentences, so people don't have to figure out what I am saying.
This.
Too many times people don't use punctuation and I mix up what they say.
I excel at misunderstanding stuff and lack of capitalization makes it worse for me.
(E) ninja'd ;p
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #24
79jeepincj7
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnwd4128 View Post
Power steering is for girls.
So all the hardcore guys like Shannon Campbell with full hydro must really be super girly girls...

FAIL

It doesnt matter what it looks like or what it has in it.... Its who made it up the trail and with what at the end of the day....

The VIN says its a 79 CJ
79jeepincj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #25
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakid View Post
My 87 yj was produced in 86. ;p
Yes, as are all new year models, produced the year prior for their release in October.
Everything has AMC labels.
As I said, they were using up over-stocked parts.
Even my transfer case tag says NP231AMC.
The initial ones were tagged with AMC but New Process designed them for Chryslers Wranglers since the front axle was not the typical Jeep axle with it's pumpkin moved to the drivers side.
Not a single crystler logo on my jeep! ;p
No, because Chrysler purchased the rights to the trademark JEEP name, so that they could ride the coat tails of an American icon. That's how they were allowed to put the name on their line of vehicles.
That being said I still want a cj especially since when I was a kid my dad had a 86 cj that he took us everywhere in.
The CJ is the quintessential Jeep. Though sadly, a lot of today's kids think it's always been a wrangler.
However I had bought my jeep a year ago and the budget of a 17 year old isn't the biggest and I needed something that was in okay'ish shape on mine.
And let me say again, not bustin' on wrangler drivers, to each his own. I'm just a die hard Jeeper that will not let the history of this great vehicle be distorted by Chrysler. Just as putting a Ford emblem on a Dodge doesn't suddenly make it a Ford. Let's call a spade a spade.

JEEP 1986 R.I.P.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #26
bentring
1976 CJ5 

I think the more important question would be if the Jeep itself is masculine or feminine.

Reminds me of a story from about a month ago. The 16 yr old son was trying to talk me into getting a pair of truck nutz for my 93 F250 and I told him they were incompatible with my truck because I follow the old sailors way with vessels. We had one of those funny back and forth moments before it finally sunk in to him why my truck didn't need them.
bentring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #27
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rename this thread failure.

FWIW anyone who talks down to other jeepers based on which jeep they drive should be beat with a rubber hose then they can go pound sand.

Everyone saying real jeeps ended in 86?? If we're going that far, real jeeps ended when 6 cylinders found their way under the hood, heaters found their way under the dash, and a top of any kind was put on.

If anyone wants to get really technical, there never were any "real" jeeps since all of them source parts from other manufactures anyway. Take a look in your "Jeep CJ" you'll find Ford electrical and transmissions, you'll find Chevy steering components, you'll find Chrysler parts too. Some of the first prototype jeeps were actually Fords!

Feel free to research it all for yourself, and enjoy the history lesson it's a neat story.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #28
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Your right and that's part of what made a Jeep a Jeep. Along with:
-A mix match of diff. manf. parts
-very few creature comforts
-a body shape which remain nearly untouched for decades
-a fold down windshield
-simplicity in the mechanics
-the plain dash with a centered speedo
-solid axles and leaf springs
-the distinct grill and headlight shape
-the slanted roll bar
-designated the CJ for decades
etc

None of that exists anymore since Chrysler bought the name for their vehicle. Just sayin'..
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #29
bkeese
1949 CJ3A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnBlake View Post
Rename this thread failure.

FWIW anyone who talks down to other jeepers based on which jeep they drive should be beat with a rubber hose then they can go pound sand.

Everyone saying real jeeps ended in 86?? If we're going that far, real jeeps ended when 6 cylinders found their way under the hood, heaters found their way under the dash, and a top of any kind was put on.

If anyone wants to get really technical, there never were any "real" jeeps since all of them source parts from other manufactures anyway. Take a look in your "Jeep CJ" you'll find Ford electrical and transmissions, you'll find Chevy steering components, you'll find Chrysler parts too. Some of the first prototype jeeps were actually Fords!

Feel free to research it all for yourself, and enjoy the history lesson it's a neat story.

Damn Blake you better stick to the Wrangler forum, when you spout that ton of misinformation no one will raise an eyebrow.

The last Jeep was made in 1986, after that they became cars for yuppies!

Ralph Nader killed the Corvair and the Jeep.
Unread 09-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #30
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeese View Post
Damn Blake you better stick to the Wrangler forum, when you spout that ton of misinformation no one will raise an eyebrow.

The last Jeep was made in 1986, after that they became cars for yuppies!

Ralph Nader killed the Corvair and the Jeep.

Alright smart guy, feel free to correct whatever I misrepresented.

We'll wait

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.