CJ8 half cab price? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ8 half cab price?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Unread 01-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
black954
1978 CJ7 

CJ8 half cab price?

I have an original CJ8 fiberglass half cab with aftermarket fiberglass bulkhead that i'm looking to sell, but I don't really know what to ask for it. It does have one 1/4" hole in the top of it, and it's dirty from being used for years, but it isn't cracked or broken. Just needs a little fiberglass work, a good cleaning, and some new paint to be real nice. Any thoughts on this? I would keep it, but i'm 6'4" and I have come to the realization that if I were to put it on a jeep, I wouldn't be able to drive it then!

black954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
John N
1981 CJ8 

You can look around over on www.cj-8.com/forum to see what some have been listed for. Typically, the tops sell for between $100 and $300, depending on condition. The bulkheads usually are between $75 to $250, again, depending on condition.
John N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

There was a top and bulkhead around here for $650 similar condition.

Metal bulk instead of fiberglass.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by black954 View Post
I have an original CJ8 fiberglass half cab with aftermarket fiberglass bulkhead that i'm looking to sell, but I don't really know what to ask for it. It does have one 1/4" hole in the top of it, and it's dirty from being used for years, but it isn't cracked or broken. Just needs a little fiberglass work, a good cleaning, and some new paint to be real nice. Any thoughts on this? I would keep it, but i'm 6'4" and I have come to the realization that if I were to put it on a jeep, I wouldn't be able to drive it then!
X2 on what JohnN said, seems like $500 for the set is in the right range.

But... have you tried it? I'm 6'6" and didn't have any problems when I had the half cab on my Scrambler years ago.

Visit my Jeep Projects site for info on my custom Jeep projects:
  • Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
  • Safari Cab custom modular hardtop
  • Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit
  • CJ Grille Conversion Kit for the TJ/LJ
  • Fiberglass Military Replica Trailer Kit
jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #5
black954
1978 CJ7 

no, I haven't tried it, but I just don't think i'll use it. With the confined leg room and the fact that my family requires the use of a back seat. I wish I could have a couple of jeeps for different purposes, but I think I will only be able to have 1 or 2 jeeps at one time and the mini pickup doesn't really fit in since I already have 2 pickups!
$500ish is what I was thinking, I know the steel bulkheads are original and more rare, but I personally would rather have the fiberglass that never rusts and insulates better.
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
black954
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscherb View Post
X2 on what JohnN said, seems like $500 for the set is in the right range.

But... have you tried it? I'm 6'6" and didn't have any problems when I had the half cab on my Scrambler years ago.
6'6" and a half cab!?!?!?!?! I guess you've been used to little to no legroom your whole life then! A good friend of mine is 6'9" and he drove a Willys for 3 years as a daily driver! He now has a fully rebuilt scrambler with 2 rear seats for his 3 kids and it works out perfectly, he even extended the cage all the way to the back to cover the entire passenger area.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.