Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

CJ8 half cab price?

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  black954 
#1 ·
I have an original CJ8 fiberglass half cab with aftermarket fiberglass bulkhead that i'm looking to sell, but I don't really know what to ask for it. It does have one 1/4" hole in the top of it, and it's dirty from being used for years, but it isn't cracked or broken. Just needs a little fiberglass work, a good cleaning, and some new paint to be real nice. Any thoughts on this? I would keep it, but i'm 6'4" and I have come to the realization that if I were to put it on a jeep, I wouldn't be able to drive it then!

#2 ·
You can look around over on www.cj-8.com/forum to see what some have been listed for. Typically, the tops sell for between $100 and $300, depending on condition. The bulkheads usually are between $75 to $250, again, depending on condition.

#3 ·
There was a top and bulkhead around here for $650 similar condition.

Metal bulk instead of fiberglass.

#4 ·
X2 on what JohnN said, seems like $500 for the set is in the right range.

But... have you tried it? I'm 6'6" and didn't have any problems when I had the half cab on my Scrambler years ago.

#6 ·
6'6" and a half cab!?!?!?!?! I guess you've been used to little to no legroom your whole life then! A good friend of mine is 6'9" and he drove a Willys for 3 years as a daily driver! He now has a fully rebuilt scrambler with 2 rear seats for his 3 kids and it works out perfectly, he even extended the cage all the way to the back to cover the entire passenger area.

#5 ·
no, I haven't tried it, but I just don't think i'll use it. With the confined leg room and the fact that my family requires the use of a back seat. I wish I could have a couple of jeeps for different purposes, but I think I will only be able to have 1 or 2 jeeps at one time and the mini pickup doesn't really fit in since I already have 2 pickups!
$500ish is what I was thinking, I know the steel bulkheads are original and more rare, but I personally would rather have the fiberglass that never rusts and insulates better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.