CJ8 Engine swap question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ8 Engine swap question

Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-25-2004, 01:30 AM   #1
Stouttrout
2004 LJ Wrangler 

CJ8 Engine swap question

I have an 81 CJ8 Scrambler. I just bought a new never fired 350 that I plan to swap into the Jeep. It is an older model 350 and is carbureted. I know this question has been done to death and I have studied up on it and read many post. I have some questions and i am looking for sugestions.

1. what headers should I go with and why? In-frame or out?

2. Where is a good source for beefed up radiators?

3. Will I need any special hoses and if so, who sells them?

anything I should know or any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My Jeep:

http://forums.cj-8.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=38370

Stouttrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2004, 10:40 AM   #2
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

Nice Scrambler.

I don't know the exact answers to your questions, if you asked what engine to use I would have said a Ford 5.0L, it is a lighter and smaller package.

BUT, I would start with companies like Advanced Adapters, I believe there are others but I am really not familar with them.

Luck on the project,

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.