CJ7 wiring problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 wiring problems

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-13-2002, 11:20 AM   #1
coopcj7

CJ7 wiring problems

I ahve a 1977 CJ7 with the factory wring harness in it. When i bought it I had the same problem it has now. So it wasn't something that I did. The harness has been completely rebuilt down to replacing the connectors and wire. It is pretty much brand new and only cost about 55 bucks. My problem is when i put on my right turn signal the hazards come on and when i step on the brakes it stops flashing. The left signal works fine as it should . can anyone shed some light on this problem of mine.

304 bored over .030
Chevy 350 coming soon (i hope)
2in lift
31" Cooper HT's
custom 2 wheel drive (temporary)
coopcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2002, 12:47 PM   #2
CoryB

Check your grounds. Generally a problem like that is related to inadequate grounding.
CoryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2002, 03:30 PM   #3
AeroViper1

Like he said, GROUNDS, and trace the wires and look at a wiring diagram...I just put in a new harness in my 84...it just takes a little bit of looking.
AeroViper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2002, 05:45 PM   #4
K5QM

There are most likely crossed wires coming from the steering column. All that mess is intertwined. I went through that on a CJ-5. Finally got it straight.
Jerry
K5QM is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.