CJ7 Wiper Motor woes.... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 Wiper Motor woes....

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Shop Stuff to Complete the Job!

Unread 09-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
DENVAR03
1986 CJ7 

Hi
86 cj7,harness 4 wires,are from left to right,wht,blk,oran.,and grey.on motor plug,left to right,red,blue,green,and blk.are these in the right order????.my motor get's very hot,so i stopped!!!!

Thanks dennis

DENVAR03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #17
DENVAR03
1986 CJ7 

Installed a new wiper motor,and new switch,in my last posts,i had power everywhere,and motor got very hot!!.well after reading on forum,about aftermarket plugs,being wired wrong,i got a duzzy!!!!!!when i looked at my old plug.the complete plug,was wired backwards,where it snaps into harness,was upside down!!!.i am glad wiper turns,from having nothing,but i still have a problem!!it turns at one speed,with key on,and off!!!!!!!switch is doing nothing,no speeds,or no on and off.does anyone know what to do next????.i am getting close to solving this!!!!!!!,and closing up my dash,for good!!!!!

Thanks dennis
DENVAR03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #18
SteveinaJeep
1985 CJ7 

Same problem for me!

OMG! I've been struggling with this for 6 months! Reversed the 4 wires on the motor plug and I've got wipers! Bad news is my clip fell off the linkage after running for about 5 minutes. So off with the top and dashpad. But oh well, at least the wiring nightmare is over! Thanks so much for this post!
SteveinaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.