cj7 windshield cowl gasket - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cj7 windshield cowl gasket

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 05-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
treylt
1982 CJ7 

cj7 windshield cowl gasket

Can anyone suggest a brand of gasket that works well. im about to replace mine and want to be sure to buy a quality gasket

treylt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
ironbyron1
1977 CJ5 

I bought mine from Morris 4x4. I think it is a Crown. It installed perfectly. I'm gonna have to go back and fill the rusted out portions of my winshield/cowl with silicone to keep it from leaking all together though.
Unread 05-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
treylt
1982 CJ7 

thanks for the info!
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #4
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

When I put my new gasket in, it had expanded and was "too thick" so it seemed. After it was secured to the bottom of the windshield frame, I loosely installed the hold down hardware on each end. I had to pull the frame back/down to get it where it should of been. I used ratchet straps hooked to the top corners of the frame on one end and the seat frame on the other. I slowly compressed the frame back down until it was aligned with the hold down. I checked the angle with my hard doors to ensure it was correct. I then tightened down my hold down hardware. I have yet to fold it back forward....

After it was all tied down, I ran a small bead of black silicone along the outside to seal the seal to the frame. To date I have not had any leaks where my feet used to get wet every time it rained.

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
treylt
1982 CJ7 

Good info. This seems to be a common problem. Thanks for your reply

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.