cj7 windshield cowl gasket - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cj7 windshield cowl gasket

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
treylt
1982 CJ7 

cj7 windshield cowl gasket

Can anyone suggest a brand of gasket that works well. im about to replace mine and want to be sure to buy a quality gasket

treylt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
ironbyron1
1977 CJ5 

I bought mine from Morris 4x4. I think it is a Crown. It installed perfectly. I'm gonna have to go back and fill the rusted out portions of my winshield/cowl with silicone to keep it from leaking all together though.
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
treylt
1982 CJ7 

thanks for the info!
Unread 05-05-2013, 03:21 AM   #4
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

When I put my new gasket in, it had expanded and was "too thick" so it seemed. After it was secured to the bottom of the windshield frame, I loosely installed the hold down hardware on each end. I had to pull the frame back/down to get it where it should of been. I used ratchet straps hooked to the top corners of the frame on one end and the seat frame on the other. I slowly compressed the frame back down until it was aligned with the hold down. I checked the angle with my hard doors to ensure it was correct. I then tightened down my hold down hardware. I have yet to fold it back forward....

After it was all tied down, I ran a small bead of black silicone along the outside to seal the seal to the frame. To date I have not had any leaks where my feet used to get wet every time it rained.

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
treylt
1982 CJ7 

Good info. This seems to be a common problem. Thanks for your reply

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.