CJ7 Weber vs. Holley - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 Weber vs. Holley

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 05-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
mcollins-az

CJ7 Weber vs. Holley

I have an 82 cj 7 (258) running offenhauser intake with holley 390 cfm. I'v always had problems with the holley. Has anyone run the weber carb on the offenhauser dual port 4 barrel intake? Is it possible to adapt the weber to the 4 barrel intake?

mcollins-az is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
Rowinj13
1978 CJ7 

What sort of problems have you been having with the holley. I have the 390 on the offy intake, and it has taken me a lot of tinkering to get it just about right. Jeephammer has a great write up about getting holley carbs set up, and making non truck avenger models almost as good as the TA's. I had toyed with the idea of going to a Weber but I already have the Holley and with a little time and patience you can get it working pretty well. Let me know what is going on and I can try to help.
'78 CJ7 4.2L, Dana 30 AMC 20 (3.54 Open), Dana 20, T150, Holley 390 cfm, Offy Intake, Headman Header, Team Rush upgrade, 31x10.5x15 Custom Cut Cooper Discoverer ATR's. Custom front and rear bumpers, Fiberglass tub and front clip, PO had the Engine Rebuilt in 1995. ~Visualize Using Your Turn Signals!~ Instant Gratification Takes Too Long!

[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Always tell the truth, that way you never have to remember what you said![/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT="Showcard Gothic"]Education will take you so far, Common sense will carry you the rest of the way![/FONT][/B]
Rowinj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i have a weber 34 i am about to swap for a motorcraft. i will swap you for your holley because i want to run a different intake later on
Unread 05-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
mcollins-az

CJ 7 Weber vs. Hollwy

Thanks for the two replies.
I finally got the jeep to run, but it was knocking and running terrible. I pulled the valve cover to find 3 bent rods??? I am going to replace rods and see what happens. I would imagine this was due to sticky valves. We'll see?
mcollins-az is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 05:16 AM   #5
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

have you looked at going TBI? did this 2 months ago and dont miss the carb at all on my 304
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.