cj7 v-8 swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cj7 v-8 swap

Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-02-2002, 01:54 AM   #1
darkcornercustoms

cj7 v-8 swap

HEY EVERYBODY! ok, my friend bought a cj7 with a awsome body and a 4cylinder (boo!) now i don't know much about jeeps but i thought this 4-banger would suck....not the case. i was seriously impressed by the torque produced by that little engine. aniways i digress..he wants to do a 350 swap. i have friends with 4x4 shops and i am getting help but i need to know if anione makes a good cheap bolt in motor mount kit. any help here would be great. i put a 350 in an s-10 blazer and bought the mounts for around $90 so i wouldn't think they could be much more than that. more posts to follow on tranny fitment and x-fer case selection /fit /i don't know what the heck i'm doing oh well..i'll figure it out. i hope you can help.
brian

darkcornercustoms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2002, 02:08 AM   #2
Hippo393

Well congrats on your friend's purchase and welcome to the Cj board. Which motor mount bolt? My mount bolts are 2 different sizes -- a longie and a shortie for each. I suppose if I was desparate I could take the mount to a hardware store and find a bolt to fit it. Is that possible in your sitch?
Hippo393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2002, 05:48 AM   #3
Bulletproofcj7

<a href="http://www.advanceadapters.com/aa.com/mounts/jeep.html" target="_blank">http://www.advanceadapters.com/aa.com/mounts/jeep.html</a>

<a href="http://www.mountainoffroad.com/catalog/BombProof%20MM/bombproof.htm" target="_blank">http://www.mountainoffroad.com/catalog/BombProof%20MM/bombproof.htm</a>

Here are links to a couple of sites that sell 350 conversion motor mounts.
1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2002, 08:55 PM   #4
Franken-Jeep

I just put a 350 in my CJ7. I had a friend of mine custom make motor mounts and weld em in. But as the previous post states, you can buy them too. The 350 I got was from a truck so I got the tranny, and T-Case were all together. The Tranny is a TH350 (Turbo 350) and should be considered instead of a TH400 as it is several inches shorter and may fit better. Espicially a CJ5. Rewiring the engine is my biggest concern as I have never done this. Also, consider the custom drive shafts your friend will need from the GM T-case to the differentials. To have them made is $250 or so, unless you get them from a bone yard and make them yourself.

Good Luck - Hope this helps a little.

Greg
Unread 07-03-2002, 01:59 PM   #5
Happypappy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Of course another way to go that usually costs less and provides great results as well is to go with an AMC V-8. All the parts are plentiful and not very expensive.
The 360 (for example)provides plenty of power, lives forever and is easy to work on when the need arises.
'06 Rubicon Unlimited
Happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.