CJ7 Turn Signal Wiring Problem - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 Turn Signal Wiring Problem

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #16
DENVAR03
1986 CJ7 

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I will bet you don't even know how much you help us novice's,when we just read all your great posts,and figure them out!!!!!.you are a "BIG" PART ,of our success,in restoring our CJ'S.

thanks
DENNIS

DENVAR03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #17
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
The fuse box is just riding piggy back on the bulkhead connector. You can relase some clips and move the fuse box out of the way.

Test light is the best way to quickly trouble shoot this problem if your grounds are good. A bad ground can also fool a test light.

Here is a picture of the steering wheel connector BagusJeep has mentioned. A good place to start.

Here is some more tips:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/tu...witch-1225607/
Relocated my ignition switch to the dash using a universal switch. Got tired of the cylinder falling out all the time. In the process, I ran new ignition wiring from underhood to the key. After this, my steering column bulkhead that houses the turn indicators (as well as likely other essential marker and indicator lights) have ceased to work. This is most likely since my ignition switch is no longer used on the dash.

My question is where on that plug, or on the column can I splice into my new ignition wire to trick the column plug into thinking the key is on and power the lights? Thanks

jg
aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj7 , fuse diagram , wiring

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.