Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

CJ7 turn signal and brake light issues

684 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  aggiejon 
#1 ·
Added MPFI from a 93 cherokee, Relocated my ignition switch to the dash using a universal switch. Got tired of the cylinder falling out all the time. In the process, I ran new ignition wiring from underhood to the key. After this, my turn signals, hazards, and brake lights do not work. However, there is still constant 12vl power supplied to the column.

My question is if anyone has any thoughts on how to get the lights working?

#3 ·
As is custom, as soon as I posted something, I made a breakthrough. Managed to get the turn signals working, although they blink at a rather odd cadence, with the use of a no-load led flasher. They blink to 3/4 bright then a half second later, full brightness, then off. I suspect the flasher I used may not be the best out there. Will pick one up today at the parts house an try it. If nothing else, I'll use this current one on the hazard circuit.

Only things not functioning now is the left hand turn signal indicator, and the reverse lights. But maybe I can work on that this evening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.