CJ7 Trim Packages - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 Trim Packages

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
danheit
1979 CJ7 

CJ7 Trim Packages

Hey guys, first off, I have tried using the search function, but CJ, CJ7 and trim are words that are either too small or too common to be included in the search. So, how do I find out what trim packages are offered on the CJ 7? I just picked up a 79 CJ7 with a few strange extras, like a dealer installed 6 speaker stereo, a trussed corp. 14 bolt rear, 4.10's all the way around, and some other weird stuff. Jeep is white with wide blue stripes across the hood and down the side of the Jeep. Doesn't say Renegade anywhere, and it's obviously not a golden eagle, so what is it? Had the blue denim interior, dash pad, high back seats, th400 trans with the 304 and quadratrac/q-drive.

Body is way past the point of being salvageable, and I have brought several back from the grave. This one is just dead. frame is a bit scary with all of the scaly rust, but time and sandblasting will tell. All for 300 and it runs, so I didn't come out too bad! Sorry, no pics yet.

Build Thread: 1979 CJ7 Blue Jeep
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

quick simple answer here for you- ALL options available that were available as part of a package were also available individually, and most could be added by the dealer/aftermarket/PO.

best chance is to post a pic, but most likely, it will have just turned out to be dealer/PO mods.

a trussed corp rearend is def not original, nor part of an original package

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Thanks for the info Hoss. I just went and got pics on my cell a few minutes ago for this very reason. I am working on getting them posted as we speak!

Unread 10-14-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
Renegade79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

sounds like a renegade package that someone removed the renegade decals from the hood. from what little info i've been able to find about my 79 renegade, they came with the levi's interior, spare tire carrier, three spoke steering wheel (brushed aluminum spokes), white wagon wheels, black plastic surround around the gauges, and of course the decals. like Hoss stated tho, all the options could be put on a CJ without a specific package.

here's what the renegade graphics look like from 79. one of the PO's painted the wheels off white, and those aren't the original seats, but the paint and decals are original.
Renegade79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

Try using 'trim packages' as your search: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/searc...archid=3033768
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
j33pman
1984 CJ7 

from the blue demin interior I would say it may be a Levi's edition
http://www.schohariecountyjeepclub.org
j33pman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepskate View Post
Try using 'trim packages' as your search: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/searc...archid=3033768
Did you realize the link you posted says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Hoss

Unread 10-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Thanks guys, here's some pics:

Unread 10-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #9
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Yeah Yeah, I know she's a bit rough, but for $300, I couldn't pass it up. Runs too! 304, T400, Q-trac

Unread 10-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #10
Renegade79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i would have paid 300 for it. with all the custom work done to it, those graphics probably aren't original. i like how one of the PO's moved the dimmer switch to the dash tho...lol.
Renegade79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #11
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

$300 bucks worth of parts, all bolted together!

( with my favorite, rims, to boot!)

save those buttons off the seats, somebody is always looking for a few around here...

and finally, let me save you a bit of time; when you go to install your hardtop, you'll need to adjust your winshield angle, (it's off just a tad)

Hoss

Unread 10-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #12
j33pman
1984 CJ7 

Thats some windshield rake you have there. Must be more aerodynamic that way
http://www.schohariecountyjeepclub.org
j33pman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #13
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Yeah...he used it for back yard racing. See how fast he could make it look while sitting in his back yard! That just goes to show how badly rusted the front cowl and the back of the w/s frame are. I already have a spare frame, but may either need a new tub, or may take my chances with some 18ga. steel and a wire welder. We'll see!

Unread 10-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #14
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Oh, and along with all the parts, he also threw in every service record ever had on the Jeep since new, AND for no extra charge, a wasp nest behind the dash that comes out through the rotten front cowl! They had their way with me today. 4 cans of hornet/wasp killer, and they kept coming! I may have to bomb the inside of the jeep and hope it kills em.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.