CJ7 trans and t-case swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 trans and t-case swap

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-02-2009, 03:25 AM   #1
joker3266

CJ7 trans and t-case swap

just got a 77 CJ7 that im currently building. It has the 304 with the TH400 trans and quadratech t-case in it. I have a set of built rears with gears and lockers I had on my bronco. I'm looking for a transmission/t-case combo that will put the front out put shaft on the drivers side. Was thinking about using a t-18 trans with hopefully some kind of ford adaptable t-case.

joker3266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
rustymudder
1982 CJ7 

If you want heavy duty, then go with the ford t18 and whatever factory hd tcase comes behind it, probably the 208. Another option is lighter duty. get a AX-15 and a NP231 from a wrangler.

I have a ford t18 in my CJ7 and I love it. I would recommend going the heavy duty route.
rustymudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.