cj7 trans mount and torque arm - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cj7 trans mount and torque arm

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 02-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #16
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhoundvm View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.
Oh, it happend allright! Cost me a new radiator, the BP motormounts, a new to me fan, and the 4 speed was never quite right after that. I swapped in a TF904 a year or so ago and noticed that the bell crank for the throwout arm had been bent also, I just didn't take it all the way out when I put it back together, so I didn't notice it until I removed it completely for the auto swap.
I did salvage the fancy diamond plate floor panel that the shifter whacked into (both sides) with an autozone shift boot!!

I don't have the old parts anymore, but I will snap a few shots of my setup now. I researched the torque setup a little after my "incident" and I never found anything that proved it was a better way to mount the transmission. I have been without it for about 5 years now, and I will never go back to it!!!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #17
Vic99TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Great info!!!
Vic99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.