CJ7 suspension & shock recommendation - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 suspension & shock recommendation

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #16
mtnbikeidaho
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigo View Post
How often do you change the setting? I have used and continue to love my Rancho 5000's...have always been intrigued by the 9000's but just figured it wasn't worth the extra $$$...
Not much really, but I have heard the 5000's are like riding 9000's at a setting of "5". I run mine on "3" for a better street ride (in my opinion). I put them at a "1" when offroad.

You have to remember, the shocks built for a heavy, full size, 1970's Pickup are the same as on a Jeep....just different lengths. Most aftermarket shocks are going to ride too stiff for a lightweight jeep, especially if you don't run the extra weight of a hard top.

mtnbikeidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #17
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

I have run the 5000's on my CJ since I bght it and love the ride, on and off road...thanks.
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shock advice , suspension

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.