Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Cj7 stalling

779 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  skinhinajeep 
#1 ·
My jeep a 1982 cj7 inline 6, is stalling after being driven for wile. It seems like it is starving the carb. It will first start to jump and then eventually die every I try to give it gas I can put it in neutral and it will idle fine but as soon as I give it has it will kill it's self. I already replaced the fuel pump 3 times hoping each one was bad, fuel lines distributors coil pack and coil module it has a new webber carb spark plugs, and wires and I checked all the vacuum lines and they are correct .I am out of ideas on this one can anyone help me?

#3 ·
What kind of shaped is the gas tank air filter in? When mine gets too dirty it puts a vacuum on the gas tank starving it for fuel. The filter sits on the bottom of the charcoal canister.

#5 ·
Everything I have learned was either from here or YouTube.
You, and the entire 30-something and under crowd. :rolleyes:

There are these cool retro things called Factory Service Manuals. You can actually find them on the internet for free, if you're not familiar with real books. Check it out.

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.