CJ7 Power door locks and Keyless entry??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 Power door locks and Keyless entry???

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 10-26-2009, 02:01 AM   #1
awful8484
1985 CJ7 

CJ7 Power door locks and Keyless entry???

I ran across a website the other day and have been thinking about this idea. I need to replace the lock tumblers anyway to my jeep so I can lock the doors. Since I have to shell out 22 bucks for each tumbler I thought that 61 was way better for keyless entry power door locks. Anyone have any idea about this website or if they have had any experience with these? I don't want to buy this system and have it be "too good to be true!" Website shows a full tutorial on how to install these.

Here is the website:

http://www.power-locks.com/KEPL/JeepCJ.htm

power-door-locks.jpg  
awful8484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 06:13 AM   #2
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm don't see what makes that kit "CJ specific", but similar kits are available on eBay for about $30.

2 remotes KEYLESS ENTRY POWER DOOR LOCK KIT:eBay Motors (item 110449093026 end time Oct-30-09 02:10:13 PDT)

Most of them use the same or similar Chinese parts, so it's hard to say if one is better than another.

Visit my Jeep Projects site for info on my custom Jeep projects:
  • Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
  • Safari Cab custom modular hardtop
  • Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit
  • CJ Grille Conversion Kit for the TJ/LJ
  • Fiberglass Military Replica Trailer Kit
jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
awful8484
1985 CJ7 

jscherb, Thanks for the reply. What makes this kit specific to a CJ is the tutorial on the website. It breaks down the CJ harddoor and the how-to options on how to install it on that specific door. While it is true that the kit is universal, the color instructions provided would be a real help in installing.

Have you ever heard anyone installing this kind of upgrade to their vehicles? I would love to see a post about how these work.
Unread 10-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
ttrem
1986 CJ7 

you lock your CJ? thats crazy talk man
Unread 10-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
awful8484
1985 CJ7 

Yeah, the reality is that this truck will reside in Cleveland for the next couple of years, it is my DD. I really preferred when I lived in florida to just leave the top off all year long but winter snow and crime.. gotta lock it up in the hardtop.
Unread 10-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
ttrem
1986 CJ7 

Ahh I totally get you then. Good luck with the project. Love to see some pics as I think the auto start would be pretty cool if I ever swap in an auto
Unread 10-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awful8484 View Post
jscherb, Thanks for the reply. What makes this kit specific to a CJ is the tutorial on the website. It breaks down the CJ harddoor and the how-to options on how to install it on that specific door. While it is true that the kit is universal, the color instructions provided would be a real help in installing.

Have you ever heard anyone installing this kind of upgrade to their vehicles? I would love to see a post about how these work.
I put a remote lock in the rear door of my CJ-8 World Cab. It isn't wireless, it's activated by a switch on the dash. But the installation principle is the same as what you're thinking of doing.

I don't remember if I took any pictures of the installation inside the door, but here's a photo of the door, it's got all the same latches and internal components as the side doors. I'll see if I've got any installation photos. It was pretty straightforward.

• Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
Unread 10-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
awful8484
1985 CJ7 

That is an awesome CJ8. I love the back door on that. Yeah, if you have installation pics I would love to see them.
Unread 10-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #9
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Yeah, the reality is that this truck will reside in Cleveland for the next couple of years, it is my DD. I really preferred when I lived in florida to just leave the top off all year long but winter snow and crime.. gotta lock it up in the hardtop.
Cleveland Mississippi?
They don't get much snow. Lord help you if it's Cleveland Ohio, your CJ will come back with more holes than you can fill with a 5 gal bucket of Bondo.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That is an awesome CJ8. I love the back door on that. Yeah, if you have installation pics I would love to see them.
Thanks.

I checked and sorry, but I don't have any pictures of the installation. I take photos of almost everything I do, I guess I forgot to take some that day.

• Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
Unread 10-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #11
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

My first thought - remote power lock kit on a CJ?? THERE'S NO LOCKS!?!? Then is read the hardtop part..

Yeah, I was parking mine in downtown Canton when I had to go to the courthouse for my dissolution.. took all valuables out and I have a somewhat dirty towel I throw 'nonchalantly' over my cd case, so it looks like it is just laying there not hiding anything... Still kinda expected a sliced window or something.. And that's not even the worst part of town!

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #12
awful8484
1985 CJ7 

Maybe talking to the CJ crowd about power door locks is kind of a moot point. Does anyone know if there is someone out there that has had this kind of install on a CJ, or maybe another Jeep model Wrangler YJ, TJ.. ect ect? Im just looking to see how these kind of kits work out for people.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.