Cj7 pinstriping - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Cj7 pinstriping

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
lisabelle621
1980 CJ7 

Cj7 pinstriping

Can anyone help me try to put my WHITE 1980 Cj7 Golden Eagle back to it original pinstriping and stickers? My jeep is the same one that Daisy had in the Dukes of Hazzard. Levi seat and all. Some of the pinstriping looks gold and black. Thanks...John

lisabelle621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
CrazyHorse6
1979 CJ7 

Do you physically need help with the decal or are you trying to find out where to purchase one? I bought mine from www.goldeneagledecals.com but phoenix graphics and other places have them as well.

Basically you prep the hood, use a thin mixture of dish soap and hot water, lay the decal down, slide it around to put it in place (it rides temporarily on the soapy water mix and you WILL need several helpers), then use a soft squeegie to get the soapy water mix out from under the decal. I did mine with just me and the wife but it would have been MUCH easier with 2-3 people.

The side words come all together (vs individual letters) so they are pretty easy- I just did some measuring and decided where it would look good and slapped it on. The pinstripe just rolls right on.

This site might also be helpful - http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/jee...ep/78jeep.html it has a variety of original jeep brochures with the sales literature- it may help you find the original details on your jeep.

Good luck
brough-1-copy.jpg   img_1796-reduced.jpg  

Are you military or former military? Take a look at militaryjeepers.com!
CrazyHorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj7 , gold eagle

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.