Cj7 Military jeep - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Cj7 Military jeep

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #31
abernut
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp_lovecraft View Post
Seller was clearly referring to the heritage.

The CJ7 being a stretched version of the CJ5, and the CJ5 being the civilian version of the M38A1. That being a revised version of the M38, and that revised from the WW2-era MB.
Ahhh You are right.

Maybe I can put my Truck on Craigslist.

2008 F150 SuperCrewCab Model T (Historic Item) Truck for sale
This truck was built in the early 1900s and was the first factory-assembled pickup.

abernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #32
Dudman5703
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abernut View Post
Ahhh You are right.

Maybe I can put my Truck on Craigslist.

2008 F150 SuperCrewCab Model T (Historic Item) Truck for sale
This truck was built in the early 1900s and was the first factory-assembled pickup.

thats sure to make it sell.
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #33
hp_lovecraft
1981 CJ5 

Pickup trucks are not unique though.

It would have to being something retro, designer purposely to mimick and/or reproduce an older design for asthetic reasons.

Its in the same catagory as other cars that play up there heritage to increase its retro creds... Like Beetles, or Minis, etc. Both those are always referring to classic originals. Or like the Ford GT, or even Harleys.

Most cars and trucks today are dull. They all look alike because they are all trying to be "modern" since thats why detroit thinks that we all want. But some designs are purposely made to look vintage. And for those few mentioned above, that is the main selling point.

There really is no point in arguing because I thought all this was obvious, and clearly its not. Its not for me to guess at the reasons since I can only talk for myself.
hp_lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #34
Dudman5703
2001 TJ Wrangler 

that CJ7 wasn't all that "unique"...
it was painted green...
mines painted green...
and i cant say mine was a WW2 vet
or at least say its a military jeep...
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #35
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp_lovecraft View Post
Pickup trucks are not unique though.

It would have to being something retro, designer purposely to mimick and/or reproduce an older design for asthetic reasons.

Its in the same catagory as other cars that play up there heritage to increase its retro creds... Like Beetles, or Minis, etc. Both those are always referring to classic originals. Or like the Ford GT, or even Harleys.

Most cars and trucks today are dull. They all look alike because they are all trying to be "modern" since thats why detroit thinks that we all want. But some designs are purposely made to look vintage. And for those few mentioned above, that is the main selling point.

There really is no point in arguing because I thought all this was obvious, and clearly its not. Its not for me to guess at the reasons since I can only talk for myself.
I think you read wayyy to much into the ad. The jeep he is selling is not rare or historic. Now if I listed my 1942 CJ2A the listing would fit a little better but would still be misleading because my CJ2A was not in the military
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:08 AM   #36
Junkman
1985 CJ7 

Anyone have anymore "crazy pills" I think I just ran out LOL! The point of the post was to point out that the seller was clearly confused and didnt know much about jeeps. Everyone was just having fun with it dont get so worked up.
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #37
abernut
1985 CJ7 

^^^
Exactly.

And I have still not heard back from the seller. Darn
abernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #38
Ininkus
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for posting this great craigslist find. I've notified all my area collectors to check it out before someone grabs it.

Hilarious thread.

My favorite CL ads always say "Ran great when parked" to which I say... so why didnt you ever drive it again then? Or "Everything there, except..." and you get a list a mile long of things missing. Too funny.

1977 CJ5, 4.3 Chevrolet, Fiberglass Tub, 3.5" Lift, 31" Tires [SOLD]
Ininkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #39
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

1942 CJ2A?
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #40
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

Now if I listed my 1942 CJ2A the listing would fit a little better but would still be misleading

they did not make a 42 cj2 first year was 45
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #41
vinnyabs
1983 CJ7 

image-257242790.jpg

Wow. I thought I did this to honor my service and show respect for those before me but my hand must have been guided by the military spirit of the jeep itself! It's even got hand grenades and bullets so it HAS to be legit!!
image-3537205526.jpg   image-3395581778.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.