cj7 Laredo help with ideas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cj7 Laredo help with ideas

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 04-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
amk88

cj7 Laredo help with ideas

Getting an 83 cj7 Laredo wensday...basically mechanically restored new lines, new brakes, new starter, fuel pump fresh tuneup...my question is what mods can I do while doing body repair...gonna do soa eventually has a 2 1/2 in lift now I'm told.. Want it to be a dd and weekend toy has factory hard top and bikini top... If I install a family yj bar will that give me more options on,tops and mods? Any advice is appreciated! Has a 258 i6 5spd bnot really wanting to go efi yet as I can't afford it and this its my dd haha

amk88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
amk88

Heres a couple pics does it look lifted to you guys

forumrunner_20130407_150621.jpg

forumrunner_20130407_150641.jpg
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

It looks lifted but judging by how flat the springs are it looks to be a shackle lift.

Looks like the drivers rear main leaf is bent at the shackle so you may want to address suspension sooner rather than later. Have you seen this jeep in person? Does it have other Laredo indicators other than the hood decals? Because those decals don't look oem to me.....them again it does have rocker trim and the picture is kind of fuzzy, so......
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
amk88

ill deffinatly look into suspesion i didn't notice that thank you i Haven't seen it in person yet guy was originally gonna trade a different Jeep (83 golden eagle) with less rust my brother has seen both and I trust him that its,a Laredo he its pretty hardcore jeeper....throwing around color ideas too...as much as I like black I'm contemplating something unique, or silver, our a gunmetal....would it kill, the value if Laredo decals disappear I'm more of a,clean sleek look kinda person

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.