f#*king panel shops. i work my ring out to get the car ready for paint, finally drop it around and in the past 3 weeks NOTHING has happened, its still sitting in the same spot i dropped it off. THEN i go there again today and he has gone on holidays for 2 weeks. When he gets back im driving it out of there and finding another shop.
Well instead of the panel shop doing anything i grabbed one of my own staff, walked into the panel shop and told him to get to work. 2 days later and the prep is done and we are ready for paint.
Inside the tub we used a product called URKI TEX. Its used as a stone guard on the sills of cars and is VERY cheap. $15 per L. 3 tins later and we have this.
We still need to shoot it with a black enamel over the top but its done the job. Should be able to do the outside in the booth toomorow. We got all the small imperfections filled and smoothed out, added a layer of sealer and spray putty to the car, rubbed back with 200grit then 400.
The PO put on a massive steering box support making the shackles hit. The shackle hangles also made it impossible to install so i flipped em around for now. I still need to do some more front end work as i havent aligned anything or set caster angles.
Paint all but done.. We have to redo the dash panel as it seems to have been covered in silicon and managed to get full of fisheyes so i need to take it back to bare metal. Rest seems to have turned out ok.
After 3 attempts to get the paint right on the dash its finally back and the last stage has begun. Doing some wiring tidyup, new speedo and clock, getting the HEI to work with the OEM tacho, new stereo and speakers
Dash wiring redone, all gauges now work, all lights work, heater works, rebuilt steering column with new bearings and indicator switches. Its a shame the previous owner hacked the speaker holes as finding a 4" square cover for the speakers has been a challenge. Not far to go now!