CJ7 Grill Turn Signal TABS? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 Grill Turn Signal TABS?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
1985 CJ7 

CJ7 Grill Turn Signal TABS?

I have these metal tabs with holes that stick out on the inside of the grill just above the turn signals. Does anybody have these and know what they are exactly for?

It looks as if the bulb shaft should slide into it if I bend it more or maybe where the harness wires are supposed to run through to keep them organized.

Also, do the turn signals mount with the bulb shaft up or down? Right now the bulb shaft is pointing down so maybe if up, the TABS make sense. I don't know.

Anyone?

258 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Dunno about the tabs, but I put mine so the sockets were pointing up out the back. I figured this would help allow water to run out if it leaked in. My sockets were rusty from water leaking or condensation.

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
1985 CJ7 

Hmmm, that makes sense.

If they are up, it looks as if the tabs will bent to wrap around the rubber grommet at the end of the shaft as well.
258 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Got a picture?
All I can visualize of the hood prop right now but there is only 1 of those.

Of course there is a funny notch cut into the TS opening I was never quite sure it was about.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.