Cj7 frame ground clearance question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Cj7 frame ground clearance question

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Cj7 frame ground clearance question

I need some help. I am trying to determine once and for all what the stock FRAME RAIL ground clearance was for my '77 CJ.

In the chart below, all the measurements for the side view of the frame are from a DATUM LINE and not ground level. This makes sense because different sized wheels & tires would affect actual ground clearance. Does anyone know where that datum line is set? Is it for example set at 7 1/2 inches below the center of the axles? (15 inch wheel was stock, 7 1/2 inches would equal the bottom of the rim.)

Does anyone know? Or does anyone know offhand just what the actual measurement of what measurement "A" or "D" equals? Or measurement "C"? (center of the hole for the rear spring mount)

Thanks

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Don't know for sure, but it would make sense to me that the measurements would be based from the center of the axle
Spieg8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.