cj7 family cage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cj7 family cage

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-28-2005, 05:06 PM   #1
cwbrg

cj7 family cage

does anyone know who makes a bolt in cage for a 77. I need to add it just for safety of the family. I want a bolt in as do not know a good fabricator/installer.

not an extreme wheeler just woods and an occasional hill and mud hole in florida

all help is appricated

thanks

H3 daily driver (yea I know, but i liked it)
cwbrg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2005, 05:45 PM   #2
Sprkplug
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbrg
does anyone know who makes a bolt in cage for a 77. I need to add it just for safety of the family. I want a bolt in as do not know a good fabricator/installer.

not an extreme wheeler just woods and an occasional hill and mud hole in florida

all help is appricated

thanks
Here's my $.02 worth.

I would (did) find a roll bar from a 92-95 YJ. Install the rear section only. Don't worry with the front spreader bars to the windshield. Offers no real protection.

Then order a front cage from http://www.swracecars.com/shopping.asp this is the page with the kit http://www.swracecars.com/pdf/CATpg18.PDF and have someone weld it up for you. That is where I'm at now. Installed the rear section, (you'll have to drill holes because you have the "A" style like me, but it's not a problem) and the front cage will be here Wednesday provided Katrina doesn't interefer with shipping here to LA.

It will be worth the extra hassle to get it done over bolt in. I watched a Jeep roll over last Sunday with a bolt in cage and althought the cage held it's own and protected the passengers, had it been a harder surface it may have been a different outcome.

1978 Jeep CJ 7 258 6cyl Quadra-Trac with T400. Custom 3" body lift. Flatfendered. Custom bumpers. Full 6 point roll cage. 36" IROK's. 2 1/2 suspenion lift and 1/2 shackle lift. GM HEI, Superior 1-piece axles, 4.88 gears, Weber carb. Locked front and rear. Best of all, fours sons who LOVE TO RIDE!
Sprkplug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2005, 08:10 PM   #3
John N
1981 CJ8 

Take a look at Rockhard cages.... http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/ .
John N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
Sprkplug
1978 CJ7 

Here's some pictures of the TJ that rolled Sunday. The bolt-in bar held, but as I mentioned, if was not a hard surface he roll in. Light mud. Note the tub in the last couple of photos. Had this not bolted into the tub, but extended to the floor, he would not have totaled the tub.

1978 Jeep CJ 7 258 6cyl Quadra-Trac with T400. Custom 3" body lift. Flatfendered. Custom bumpers. Full 6 point roll cage. 36" IROK's. 2 1/2 suspenion lift and 1/2 shackle lift. GM HEI, Superior 1-piece axles, 4.88 gears, Weber carb. Locked front and rear. Best of all, fours sons who LOVE TO RIDE!
Sprkplug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.