Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Cj7 edelbrock intake valley pan

604 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Matt1981CJ7 
#1 ·
Hey guys, first time posting. I have a 1976 Cj7 named Fozzy. The carb recently started acting up so I took it as a sign that I should upgrade the carb and intake. I'm putting in an Edelbrock 2131 intake and 1406 carb. Following the edelbrock instructions, I picked up a felpro MS 96011 Gasket set. After a break deal of swearing, a block of wood, a BFH, and some bloodied knuckles, I managed to remove the factory manifold (evidently the prior owner tried to glue it in with a lot of RTV). The Edelbrock instructions say to install the factory valley pan and Gasket set. However, the factory pan appears to be riveted on. It has small lips that will make finding the rivets off annoying. I can't find a replacement pan (online or at local stores). How in earth do I get the old pan out without ruining it? Do I need to drill out the rivets? Do I actually need the valley pan at all? Some threads suggest that I don't need it, just the felpro gasket, is this true?

#2 ·
Are you talking about the oil baffle or the valley pan? 2 different parts. Both are necessary.

Since you mentioned rivets, I'm assuming you're talking about the baffle. If so, the rivets are very easy to drill out of the old manifold. Your new manifold should have come with rivets or screws (I forget) for securing the old baffle to it.

My old baffle required a little trimming to fit on the new Edlebrock manifold.

Matt

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.