CJ7 A/C issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 A/C issues

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
aglinks
1983 CJ7 

CJ7 A/C issues

Hi, I'm new to forums so forgive me if I make any mistakes in posting questions. I have an '83 CJ7 Laredo that I have been working on for a few years and pretty much everything is up and in running order. It is now starting to get really hot in AZ and i want to fix my A/C. I got the conversion from R12 to R134a at a local trustworthy shop; however, my condenser is leaking from pretty much all possible locations. Where can I get a condenser to fit a CJ?

aglinks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
REDnBLUES
1977 CJ7 

Jeepair.com
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglinks View Post
Hi, I'm new to forums so forgive me if I make any mistakes in posting questions. I have an '83 CJ7 Laredo that I have been working on for a few years and pretty much everything is up and in running order. It is now starting to get really hot in AZ and i want to fix my A/C. I got the conversion from R12 to R134a at a local trustworthy shop; however, my condenser is leaking from pretty much all possible locations. Where can I get a condenser to fit a CJ?
Welcome to the forum, nice to see another AZ jeeper.
Since you are in Globe, I would try Merle's and see if they can get a condenser for you. Also check with some of the A/C shops in Phoenix or Tucson and plan a road trip. God bless.
Jon In Tucson

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
Jon In Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Welcome to the forum! Dave bought a complete AC system for his '83 a while back from Nostalgic Air Parts / Jeepair. Here's the post where the parts came in and he has some commentary.
Unread 05-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
aglinks
1983 CJ7 

Fantastic! Part is ordered so I should have A/C soon. Thanks guys!
Unread 03-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
aglinks
1983 CJ7 

So I ordered a condenser last year and it was the wrong one. We ended up welding my current one and making it work for a while but it wont hold a charge. Is this the proper one? I wanna know before I order it haha

http://jeepair.com/condensers/grand-...condenser.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.