CJ7 A/C issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 A/C issues

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 05-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
aglinks
1983 CJ7 

CJ7 A/C issues

Hi, I'm new to forums so forgive me if I make any mistakes in posting questions. I have an '83 CJ7 Laredo that I have been working on for a few years and pretty much everything is up and in running order. It is now starting to get really hot in AZ and i want to fix my A/C. I got the conversion from R12 to R134a at a local trustworthy shop; however, my condenser is leaking from pretty much all possible locations. Where can I get a condenser to fit a CJ?

aglinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
REDnBLUES
1977 CJ7 

Jeepair.com
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglinks View Post
Hi, I'm new to forums so forgive me if I make any mistakes in posting questions. I have an '83 CJ7 Laredo that I have been working on for a few years and pretty much everything is up and in running order. It is now starting to get really hot in AZ and i want to fix my A/C. I got the conversion from R12 to R134a at a local trustworthy shop; however, my condenser is leaking from pretty much all possible locations. Where can I get a condenser to fit a CJ?
Welcome to the forum, nice to see another AZ jeeper.
Since you are in Globe, I would try Merle's and see if they can get a condenser for you. Also check with some of the A/C shops in Phoenix or Tucson and plan a road trip. God bless.
Jon In Tucson

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
Jon In Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Welcome to the forum! Dave bought a complete AC system for his '83 a while back from Nostalgic Air Parts / Jeepair. Here's the post where the parts came in and he has some commentary.
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
aglinks
1983 CJ7 

Fantastic! Part is ordered so I should have A/C soon. Thanks guys!
Unread 03-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
aglinks
1983 CJ7 

So I ordered a condenser last year and it was the wrong one. We ended up welding my current one and making it work for a while but it wont hold a charge. Is this the proper one? I wanna know before I order it haha

http://jeepair.com/condensers/grand-...condenser.html

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.