CJ7 Battery cutoff switch. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ7 Battery cutoff switch.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 01-23-2014, 11:51 PM   #16
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Southerngypsy has the same idea as me. I have these on the dash of Bagusjeep and Puthijeep near the ignition with the key wired to the key ring. When I am away from the vehicle I know all power is disconnected and can leave it for weeks if need be, no electrical fires and no discharged batteries. If you want to preserve the radio memory you can wire around it through a small fuse direct to the radio.

It needs a new set of cables from battery to switch and from switch to solenoid but there is enough space behind the dash to get it in.

Gladys will be getting the same arrangement in a few weeks.

I would not recomemnd this if you have a winch, the switches I use would not be rated high enough.

17-3563cutoffswitch.png

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
1995 Cherokee 4.0 - CHEROKEE
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 12:33 AM   #17
SouthernGypsy
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagusJeep View Post
Southerngypsy has the same idea as me. I have these on the dash of Bagusjeep and Puthijeep near the ignition with the key wired to the key ring. When I am away from the vehicle I know all power is disconnected and can leave it for weeks if need be, no electrical fires and no discharged batteries. If you want to preserve the radio memory you can wire around it through a small fuse direct to the radio.

It needs a new set of cables from battery to switch and from switch to solenoid but there is enough space behind the dash to get it in.

Gladys will be getting the same arrangement in a few weeks.

I would not recomemnd this if you have a winch, the switches I use would not be rated high enough.

You can use them with a winch but just wire your winch direct to the battery (which it should be anyway).
SouthernGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.