cj5 top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > cj5 top

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 08-25-2002, 07:58 AM   #1
don ho

HELP!! CJ5 top interchange???

I aquired in a trade, a fiberglass cj5 with lots of goodies, on a 72 frame. The top is getting a little ratty and I found a later cj5 hardtop & doors in nice shape. In measuring it up, I found the top is higher and the windshield slope different. Before I find out the hard way, Has anyone else switched the windshield frames and made this swap work?
Thanks for any help.
Don Ho

Last edited by don ho; 08-26-2002 at 03:57 AM..
don ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2002, 09:39 AM   #2
stonechucker

very soon

I also have a 72 CJ-5. I changed the windshield from the 72 version to the newer version off a cj-7 frame. I ordered a soft top from 4wd hardware this week and am going to try to install it over the weekend. I will repost and tell you how it came out. If it does work, the hard top should also work if you were to update the 72 windshield to a 76 on up style windshield frame
stonechucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.