CJ5 tanny - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ5 tanny

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 01-05-2002, 05:09 PM   #1
vulcan

CJ5 tanny

howdy y'all. i just foung this forum and decided to becom a member. i just reciently bought a '71 CJ5. i bought it lifted with big ole tires on 'er. so the first thing i did once i got 'er runnin was take it on out back and go muddin. to make a long story short i stripped out first gear in the tranny along with the first idler gear. my question is: does anybody know where i can find cheap jeep parts. i am in high school so i have a limmited ammount of cashflow. the cheapist price i got was $500. thanks in advance

Unread 01-05-2002, 05:21 PM   #2
vulcan

its a t-19 tranny btw
Unread 01-05-2002, 09:57 PM   #3
Darko

the t-18 and t-19 trannys are hard to find. If I were you I would look around for a bench top rebuild, it shouldn't run more than a few hundered bucks. As for the parts, they are out there you just need to look.
Unread 01-05-2002, 10:10 PM   #4
Knucklehead
1973 CJ5 

If you're in the south east I recommend you call James Newsome in Statesbore GA. He's got a great collection of parts jeeps at his farm. Last time I was there it was mostly older stuff (flat fenders and early CJ5s). He'll send stuff out too. I misplaced his business card but a directory search came up with (912) 587-5918. Try him.
Unread 01-07-2002, 12:55 AM   #5
RockJeep
SirRocks'A'Lot

is this tranny the stock one that came in it? or was it swapped in? if its stock its not a t-19 but rather a t98 or t150. is it a 3 or 4 speed? does it have a granny gear? i.e 6.32:1. if its a t98 you could probably find a used one for cheap and just swap it out. check out www.4wd.com for bearings, seals, etc, i think they can get gears and other hard parts too.
Unread 01-13-2002, 04:08 PM   #6
vulcan

thanks guys. its a 3 speed i think it is stock and it has got granny gear.
Unread 01-13-2002, 06:52 PM   #7
Knucklehead
1973 CJ5 

What engine is it mated to? Probably a T-90 although the T-86 and T-14 were available in the 71s also. Make sure you get the casting numbers off the tranny and properly ID it before you order parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.