CJ5 Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ5 Question

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 01-30-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
Basciani
1979 CJ5 

CJ5 Question

I hope I am not breaking any rules here. I have a question, that I am asking for a friend. He has a very unique CJ. He is considering selling it. I was hoping that some one out there can help us determine a price range. My friends Dad owned a Jeep Dealership in the 70's and 80's. He had a 1979 CJ5 rag top on his show room floor. He didn't sell it. He sold it to his son, my friend, who had the jeep legally put in his name but he never registered it or titled it. It was just like one dealer signing over to another dealer. This jeep was put in storage and never driven other than trips out to be maintained and serviced. It has 500 original miles on it. It has been covered in blankets in a controlled environment for all of these years. It is in show room condition. It is in perfect running condition. The next person who purchases this Jeep will actually be the original A title owner. Can any body out there point us in a direction that we may find out the actual value of this rare classic?

79-jeep.jpg  
Basciani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
SLO_Ken
1986 CJ7 

Typically, you'd want to see what comparable vehicles in your area are selling for to get an idea on current market value. In your friend's case, there are not likely to be many comparable vehicles.

This may be as close as you are likely to get...
http://www.collinsbrosjeep.com/image...2silvercj7.htm
It's at Collins Brothers near Dallas Texas. They are asking $30k for an '82 with 6400 original miles, I-6, Auto.
Unread 01-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
Basciani
1979 CJ5 

Thanks for the reply. Yes you are right it is difficult to figure out a comparable price in this case. This particular Jeep may be the only one of it's kind. We need to find some one who deals in classics.
Basciani is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.