CJ5 Nerf Bars - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ5 Nerf Bars

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
BrandonParker
1983 CJ5 

CJ5 Nerf Bars

I am having trouble with my nerf bars having the foot step part way to far forward. has anyone else had this problem and went with a different type than Omix-ada bars?

BrandonParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
commadore64
Jeep = bleeding money

1980 CJ5 

I just installed my nerf bars and from the pictures I've seen, I think it is what it is... this is my set... they do fit a little further forward than I would like, but look on the bright side, it makes it easy to clean the windshield!

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take everything you have." - Barry Goldwater
commadore64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
LeePrather
1978 CJ5 

Mine fit the same way...they work well enough even though the step is a little off
image-1483926722.jpg  
LeePrather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
BrandonParker
1983 CJ5 

You guys are hilarious!!! Thanks for the pics
BrandonParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Those were on my CJ5 when I bought it. I took the plastic out, and installed the bars upside down, on the opposite sides of the Jeep.

Of course, I didn't buy the bars new, either...

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commadore64 View Post
I just installed my nerf bars and from the pictures I've seen, I think it is what it is... this is my set... they do fit a little further forward than I would like, but look on the bright side, it makes it easy to clean the windshield!

Commadore 64,
By your photos I see that you have a serious problem... your shop floor is way too clean. Thanks for the good photos as I have wondered as to how those nerf bars would attach and the look I would have. God bless.
Jon In Tucson

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
Jon In Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
commadore64
Jeep = bleeding money

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon In Tucson View Post
Commadore 64,
By your photos I see that you have a serious problem... your shop floor is way too clean. Thanks for the good photos as I have wondered as to how those nerf bars would attach and the look I would have. God bless.
Jon In Tucson
Yeah Jon... I'm starting to think that is why I can't finish this project... I keep cleaning the shop!! When I installed those bars, I ended up just placing them on top of the spring perch mount on the frame. That seemed to line them up as good as anything else.

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take everything you have." - Barry Goldwater
commadore64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.