CJ5 harddoors - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ5 harddoors

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 03-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #16
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss
Holy crap, what an old thread J/K Looks like an old Acme top... And what about the rest of the (new) Jeep (i'm stuck in JK land nowadays, and have to live my CJ era dreams vicariously) Hoss
I was wondering what happened to you! If you look at my build thread, you'll see that I unfortunately had to abandon the restoration of the jeep with no name; I am currently on my way to Las Cruces to go pick up the High Plains drifter, another 1976 CJ five however this one isn't fully running condition and is almost flawless.

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #17
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Yep, still around -just not relevant! (to the CJ side of things at least)

Running out of shop space, and time to turn any wrenches. Much like you, I knew there was no way to put enough into my Jeep (Jeepster) to get it reliable enough to be able to enjoy- which is the point, right?

Ending up solving my long running issues of 5 ppl vs. 4 seats with a new JK unlimited.

Now back to that little green gem of yours...

Even from here, I can tell you

A little polish on that patina, a set of 2.5" springs and new shoes, and you're good-to-go!

Congrats Fred, I look forward to following along as you write this chapter of your (Jeep) life.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #18
LSUtiger
1980 CJ5 

I don't think it's an acme. My acme doesn't look like that. Check this thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/pi...ardtop-844844/
Unread 03-05-2014, 05:45 AM   #19
cw05
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awalp View Post
I've been looking around and can't seem to find harddoors anywhere.... I have a 1975 CJ5, and I wanna run full harddoors with glass windows with a bikini top... does anyone make harddoors with rollup glass windows for a CJ5?... quadratec only has softdoors... I'm still new to the CJ5 scene so maybe there's an easy answer?..
Not for a 1975 CJ5 but an interesting pic of how the windows in the hardtops for the Willys CJ's worked
1948-jee-cab-demonstration-woman1.jpg  
cw05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #20
hp_lovecraft
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw05 View Post
Not for a 1975 CJ5 but an interesting pic of how the windows in the hardtops for the Willys CJ's worked
The Meyer/Orville tops were "modern" at least. I have a standard window crank, and the window rolls all the way up and down, allowing me to pay tolls, and use drive-ups.

The doors latch to the top though, so you normally could not use it with a bikini. I've thought about it before. Normally, I'll keep the heavy top off all summer, then throw on a bikini when it rains. But I'd like to have doors for the rainy days as well.

I think I could rig a latch like the soft-doors use, that bolts to the body. But then I could probobly just pick up some soft-doors for the summer as well. That would be better.....except the soft-doors use a different hinge system then the Meyer doors.
hp_lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.