CJ5 hard to start - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ5 hard to start

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 07-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #16
SCSEAJAYSEVEN
1978 CJ7 

I would put the locking gas cap back on to see if that was the main problem. The weak battery probably was not the cause of the hard to start issue. I would just have to know...

SCSEAJAYSEVEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #17
wellmax
1984 CJ7 

good for you,
easy fixes or the best.

I have chased small problems for a long time.

you just have to remember to take your time and even write down, make a record of your steps, so you will be able to retrace your steps.

have seen some just jump in and start tearing out all wiring, fuel system and then, if you ever do get the vehicle running properly, you may never know what the problem was and how to fix it again, if it ever comes back.

remember: take your time and exercise patience, they are your best friends when working on a vehicle problem.
wellmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.