CJ5 garaged for 20 years - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ5 garaged for 20 years

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-13-2002, 12:09 AM   #16
maxa

Well, the 1967 CJ5 just gotta go.

While I appreciate all comments to keep this, I have to say good bye to it. You see, my father kept everything. That is why the house is full of junk. I have a lot of junk!

I washed the dust off the jeep and tried to take a picture. Cannot get far enough back for a complete pix. I took a panorama and am attemptinjg to superimpose with a paintshop program. Picture is not very satisfactory. I took with flash. This did not work too well. Will continue to work on picture.

How can I post a pix? Board Rules say no attachments. If you want a pix, I will e-mail directly, if need be.

Someone pointed out the engine was a Dauntless. Yep!, there is a sticker on the cylinder bank that stated this. I could not find any other name plate etc, but it must be there somewhere.

Thanks for all your comments!!!!!!!

maxa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2002, 11:53 AM   #17
RideRed04

Send the pic to jeff_sabelko@hotmail.com, and I will get the pic up here for everyone.
Unread 08-17-2002, 09:30 AM   #18
RideRed04

Here she is!

"I finally managed to generate a fair picture. Because I cannot get back far enough because of junk in garage, I took two pictures and superimposed in a paintshop program. Lens distortion at edges of picture make it look funny. I finally got the following. I removed the junk in the garage as it is very distracting to the viewer.

In no case is the Jeep 'bent". Only the panorama process distorts it."

if it doesnt work go here: http://photos.onebigvillage.com/view...selected=64519
Unread 08-17-2002, 10:02 AM   #19
EOF

That is one fine beauty for its age I am not a big fan of the older jeeps, but that one looks nice. Atleast sell it to an enthusiast rather than some guy who is prolly gonna tear it up/roll it off-roading.
Unread 08-18-2002, 12:31 PM   #20
Tuts

Hey man PISSA looking jeep! I just don't understand you. You've got at least 10 people telling you that you've got a diamond in the ruff here and you're just being Chucky from the rug rats cartoon. "Well I don't know Tommy." Jees man. If you truely had the desire, you would find a way. I think these guys really know what they're talking about, especially the ones who have owned the exact jeep models as this one. Personally, I think you should do something good for YOU and not care about how you do it. Engines that don't run for a long time do take a little work to get going again but it most likely won't cost much money. Also, anything you want to buy for it, including replacement parts, are available in online catolaugs for cheep money. You don't have to worry about money as far as I can see with getting this Jeep road worthy. Oh and by the way, if my dad gave me a jeep like that, I would go nuts. Please think about it.
Tuts
Jeep pics up and running.
Blue Jeep Club Member #35
Tuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2002, 11:07 PM   #21
maxa

Found a few more things about the 1967 CJ5

I found the original owner's manual hidden away in the car. It seems to indeed be a 1967 CJ5. It looks like the windshield was changed to a 1968 or 69 version, probably when my father changed the top, post 1970.

Actual milage is, 29,970.6

Serial no is 8305 A 222542 which indicates it was built in November of 1966, which agrees with the model year.

Found the title, in my father's name, his will, and death cert. So I can put the Jeep in my name to sell!!! Found all of this with only a 6 hour search.

Boy was that fast!!!!!
Unread 09-01-2002, 11:46 PM   #22
maxa

Cj5 found a home!

Thanks for all the comments!

Found a nice home for the Jeep. New owner will carefully restore the CJ. Doubtless it will be back in action soon after at least a 20 year slumber!

Regards to everyone!

maxa

Unread 09-03-2002, 01:04 AM   #23
77-levi_CJ-5

Sorry to hear that you got rid of the jeep! You truely had beuatify machine in rare pristine condition. I would have given my first born child to recieve a gift like that. I do understand that sometimes we have to do things that we would rather not due to the situation at hand, But I would have found a way to make it work!!!

I hope things go well for you and your mother.

Best regards,
Dean

77 CJ-5 Levi's edition, 304 C.I.D. 4" lift, Edelbrock Performer intake, Performer carb., MSD 6A ignition system, MSD Billet Distributor, optima yellow top, Edelbrock valve covers, Moroso Air Cleaner.

75 CJ-5 258 C.I.D. Completely Stock, half cab, plow vehicle, Vice grip windshield wiper motor, extremely rusty but reliable.
77-levi_CJ-5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2002, 02:16 AM   #24
errorinspelling

A good home

Well by tomorrow evening this beautiful CJ5 will be at it's new home in Portland Oregon. No, unfortunately, I wasn't the person buying it but a friend of mine who is an incredible jeep enthusiast and experienced rebuilder is the new proud owner. I had showed him this thread because of his interest and well next thing I know he was packing up the trailer for Colorado.

If you like I will get some pictures of the CJ5 along side it's military cousin the M38A1. I thank you very much maxa for the opportunity to see such a beautiful Jeep first hand.

My friend and I wish you and your mother the best.

God Bless.
1986 Fiero GT v6 engine
http://www.60degreev6.com/members/efixj
errorinspelling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2002, 10:29 PM   #25
Happypappy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Guy and Born2Jeep have the right idea. Your dad kept it for a reason, maybe grandkids, maybe you.............whatever.
I have a '57 Tbird thats been in the family since new and every once in a while think about selling it but the memories and something else keeps telling me not to. There's your dad's heritage and legacy, an old time sense of freedom he felt when he drove it, and that of pure American Jeep in the old thumper. I wish I still had my dad around or more of his old classic trucks, cars, or outboards to drive, polish, and remember. Don't blow it.
Enjoy.
'06 Rubicon Unlimited
Happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2002, 12:40 AM   #26
maxa

CJ5 Runs again!!

Well the new owner got my (former) CJ5 to run with only two days of work! Had a few problems, but hats off to him!!

My father would be happy to see someone enjoy it, with the 20 to 25 year slumber it took!

Good Jeeping to him!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.