CJ2A with a 225 wanting to add a XJ brake booster - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ2A with a 225 wanting to add a XJ brake booster

Save 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
madwild
1998 TJ Wrangler 

CJ2A with a 225 wanting to add a XJ brake booster

As the title says, I want to add an XJ brake booster to my CJ2A as my stock brake system is not at all adequate for the disk brakes im running in the front and my 11 inch drums in the rear. I want to use an XJs swining pedals for a manual and remove the clutch pedal as i think my stock clutch is working perfectly. Has anyone ever added a brake booster to their CJ2A ?

madwild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
madwild
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Any clearing issues? Any advise any info? What ever u have, I need. Thanks!
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

IIRC, the 2a master cylinder bolts to the frame. Seems like you'd have a devil of a time getting a booster equiped cylinder to mount anywhere to near inline with the brake pedal.
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
madwild
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24
IIRC, the 2a master cylinder bolts to the frame. Seems like you'd have a devil of a time getting a booster equiped cylinder to mount anywhere to near inline with the brake pedal.
Maybe i didnt explain myself. I am putting XJ swinging pedals and for the brake. Therefore I will not use the frame mounted or stock brake system any more. I will be using the XJ booster and master cylinder aswell. What i am asking is if anyone has ran this set up on a CJ2A and cleared the booster from the hood. Everything will attached at the firewall. Similar to what they r running here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-...ng-pedals.html
But i want to add a booster. I guess the easiest thing to do is just to ommit the booster and use only a master cylinder but i wouldnt know how to use the XJ pedals and the master cylinder together. I much rather take the entire system from an XJ and putting it on my CJ
Herbert
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

ooooooooooooooooooh. I see. Good luck. I bring nothing to the table.
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

i added one to my cj2 firewall, had to re-enforced the fire wall because the metal so thin, when i push the pedal you could see the metal bending, also get it low enough so you can closed the hood
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
madwild
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg
i added one to my cj2 firewall, had to re-enforced the fire wall because the metal so thin, when i push the pedal you could see the metal bending, also get it low enough so you can closed the hood
Oh. Ok great! You added one so i does have the room to b put in. Yes. I am re-enforcing it with 14g 1foot by 1foot metal. May i ask you what engine are you running with your brake booster? I am running the buick V6 225. Thanks for the info.
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
madwild
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24
ooooooooooooooooooh. I see. Good luck. I bring nothing to the table.
Its ok!! Thanks for making my question/thread clearer though!
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

running the 225
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
madwild
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg
running the 225
Thanks!! Excellent, thats exactly what i am running. I am going to bother you with some pictures of the booster itself and how low was the pedal. And anything else that you think is important. When ever you get the chance. Im going to do this mod next week for the 3 day weekend and 1/2 off pick your part and ecology junk yards here in california. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.