CJ10 Half Top and Doors on a CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ10 Half Top and Doors on a CJ7

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 03-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
81cj7id

CJ10 Half Top and Doors on a CJ7

Will this work? I dont know much about the cj10 but it looks wider. Asking because i found a great deal on a top and doors and would like a half top on my jeep. Thanks.

81cj7id is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
Ford_Prefect
1984 CJ7 

I would just ask for a measurement on the top... IE side to side, and from the edge of the door to the rear of the top... That should give you enough info to get a basic understanding. Then if you think it will work but are not sure just drive the jeep down to pick up the top, put it on, if it does not fit don't pay the guy...
Ford_Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yes, the doors and top will fit but the bottom rear edge of the CJ-10 top will need to be notched to rise over the top rail of the tub, and you'll need to make some sort of bulkhead to fit between the rear bottom edge of the top and the floor. Kind of like a Scrambler bulkhead, but the CJ-10 top is 1.5" shorter in length than the Scrambler half-cab, so the Scrambler bulkhead won't meet up properly with the bottom of the CJ-10 hardtop. Also the Scrambler bulkhead is raised about 3/4" across the top edge inside the tub and the CJ-10 hardtop expects a mounting surface even with the top of the tub.

I can probably give you whatever other details you need, since I've adapted a CJ-10 hardtop to my Wrangler pickup.

Visit my Jeep Projects site for info on my custom Jeep projects:
  • Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
  • Safari Cab custom modular hardtop
  • Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit
  • CJ Grille Conversion Kit for the TJ/LJ
  • Fiberglass Military Replica Trailer Kit
jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

The doors will fit.
Unread 03-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
81cj7id

Ok so everything should fit with a little work. Thanks.
81cj7id is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.