CJ/YJ Heater Mix - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CJ/YJ Heater Mix

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
nedmoore

1982 CJ7 

CJ/YJ Heater Mix

I am in the process of swapping of YJ tub into my CJ. I have the CJ heater core and was wondering if it would fit into the YJ heater cowl that is in my YJ tub?

nedmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

Yes, they are the same.If your not planning to already,do yourself a solid and go to the parts store,order up a siemens PM102 blower motor. About 25$ or less. Take a dremel with fiberglass cutoff wheel,or tool of your choice, and open that firewall hole up about 3/8" all the way around,spray it with some clear to protect the bare metal from the trim. Stuff the bigger motor in there with some gasket maker or cut a piece of material to custom seal the larger motor to the firewall. Best bang for your buck upgrade I ever seen,especially since you already have the heater out. I would replace the core too,mine was like 30$ from autobone. Again,since it was already apart, definitely worth the peace of mind. The best 50$ I ever spent on my jeep. There's plenty more information in the sticky or search function.
Lordwrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

In case you can use them.
firewall4.jpg   heater_box_diag.jpg   heatercontrolsonbox.jpg  
Unread 05-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
nedmoore

1982 CJ7 

Thanks Lordwrench, that was next question! Also, does the new motor come with a new fan blade or do you use the old one? Thanks for the response, you went above and beyond!
Unread 05-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

You re-use the old fan.It bolts right on to the new one which should come with a new locking nut,no other mods needed. It took me like five minutes with a dremel, but there's lot's of write-ups about other methods to open the firewall, but it's invisible after install, so I kept it simple. The increase in heat/defrost flow is incredible and much appreciated up here in Seattle. I am going to add a dedicated ground to the fan as well,to make sure it's getting full flow,but it work's great as is.
Unread 05-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
nedmoore

1982 CJ7 

Great, just ordered fan and new core.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.